• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So....what did you do to your foxbody today?

broncojunkie

Did the driver's side brake shoes today, which finished up the brakes. Also fixed the adjustable seat bolster on the passenger side of my 88. It was held on by zip ties. I had to take it off and bolt it back on, using large washers to cover the holes that had ripped out. The foam had to come out, which meant the fabric had to be pulled off on one side. It seems to be fixed pretty well, now.
20140519_171954.jpg

20140519_191732.jpg

lyonmt

Mine is in tatters, so I have to buy all new... and foam. Oh and new door cards. And the inside arm rest area for the passenger because after I change the white seats to blue and the door cards to grey. *sigh*

broncojunkie

Do you know any other fox body mustang owners? Just curious. I don't know any in my area. I rarely see them. I am planning to visit the local drag strip, though. Haven't been there in years, but I figure I might meet some people. It would be nice to network with people who could help source some parts.

lyonmt

Yes, two guys that I work with have them. One has a daily driver and it sounds sweet-ass. The other has a low mileage stocker that he never drives. Sports cars are very prevalent around here as we don't have snow.

broncojunkie

I fixed my hatch that wouldn't close right. I had to adjust the latch and replace the striker, which was missing the bushing. The parts stores had strikers that were almost an exact fit, except for the fact that the bolt was slightly too big. I finally figured out that a door striker worked perfectly. Just for the heck of it, I checked online. The cheapest hatch striker I could find was about $30. The door striker at Advance Auto was $9.

John2002

TVAOD.....yep, that code for Throttle Valve Auto Over Drive...yeah, but what does it mean????I can't get back into first gear without touching the brake , It will idle at 10 to 12 miles an hour in second gear. I wet to YT and watched and read a few too many How To's .It idles at 625-650 in park when the engine is warmed up , in gear with the brake on its about 600. Other then that it runs fine... I did that measure once slide twice deal on that clevis thing but I haven't gotten the car out yet for the test drive as of yet..Any Clue???

Blown347

Staff member
TVAOD.....yep, that code for Throttle Valve Auto Over Drive...yeah, but what does it mean????I can't get back into first gear without touching the brake , It will idle at 10 to 12 miles an hour in second gear. I wet to YT and watched and read a few too many How To's .It idles at 625-650 in park when the engine is warmed up , in gear with the brake on its about 600. Other then that it runs fine... I did that measure once slide twice deal on that clevis thing but I haven't gotten the car out yet for the test drive as of yet..Any Clue???
Idle is too low. Turn the idle up to 800-850 in park warmed up. Then re adjust the TPS and throttle valve cable. The right way to adjust is with a pressure gauge. It should read 0-5 psi at idle, and climb with the throttle. The easier but less accurate way is to pop the lock up on the plastic rod, and with the throttle at idle there should be no tension either direction on the cable. I have found my car likes a small amount of tension at idle and shifts perfect. If anything you want a little too much TV pressure (I.e tension on the cable) a lack of pressure can and will grenade the tranny in no time.

lyonmt

Nothing, but I am going to look at a hood and trunk tomorrow. $35 for the hood and $30 for the trunk (vert) and supposedly no rust! How do you pass on a deal like that? Bonus, the color is close to mine.

broncojunkie

Nice. I really need to replace my hood. It's banged up a little. What I really need, though, is the exterior plastic for my 88 GT.Unfortunately, it looks like it will probably cost a small fortune, so I'm guessing I'll end up trying to refinish mine.

lyonmt

I need both sides of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/371012526920?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Plus a nose. I don't remember which one, but one of the vendors sells the nose in primer for like $160 and they have a warehouse in FL, so I can pick it up and save on the shipping. Shop around and check Craigslist daily. Once I get started on mine and have a list of parts needed, I will hit the local pull-a-part yard, they always have plenty of foxes. I may be able to help you with any small parts that can be shipped .

John2002

Not anything out of the ordinary today for me, washed it and tossed two blankets over it. First car show in town this year on next Friday. The weather might begin to level off next week so taking it out might happen more often. Still got the CAI to put on though. Just got back to work this Wednasday. I was off from work for 6 days with a sore back. Went to the ER on Memorial day but wasn't able to see my doctor till Thursday last week. I got the ok to back to work this Wednesday.

lyonmt

Oh and the hood and trunk were a bust. The hood had lots of dings and a little rust. The drunk was dented on the lip. Might as well DA the surface rust of mine and keep them.

broncojunkie

Here's the problem with mine. What you can see is the worst of it. The front corner got banged up and the previous owner did a quick bondo job and then put a bra on the front (which destroyed the paint all along the front edge). The hood is straight except for that corner. So I may just work on it when I get home in a couple weeks and see what I can do with it.

John2002

LOL on the sunburn.... it was 83 here yesterday when I was washing the car in the garage... a day later... 65 right now with a high of 71....but there is loads of sunshine....might head out for an empty the tank of old gas trip and find a price under $4.00 dollars somewhere to fill up. Lats time I filled it up was in September.....