• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So....what did you do to your foxbody today?

Blown347

Staff member
Everthing is stacking up on my work bench in the garage, wife seems to point that out a but to often...stiil dealing with snow fall and the fridgid temps still keeping me off the frozen concrete... Soon...my be April!!!
I guess I take living in Southern California for granted. I never have to wait to install parts or run my car. And it's still 100% rust free. Hopefully soon you get to run it again. What all do you have waiting for install?

John2002

Last year I had it back on the ground in March and even had it out a few days that month. It was in the 60's for a few days till the sky opened up with rained on and off for about 6 weeks...Got the Accel Coil pack on Friday and a box out to the garage for a later date...

Ordered cluster gauge with the 140 speedometer from a 89gt, I paid $160 do you guys think I over paid? I couldnt find cheaper or any at junkyard I was sick of seeing the 85 Speedometer. Lol, im also looking for a map light and acouple other parts every time I go to my sexy beast I always find something else I need.

John2002

I put one on is 2010, my dad got it on e-bay and paid $90 for it. Watch out for that sheet metal scew just abovet the 4 idiot llights to the right off the steering colum. There is thin metal bar that hold up the lower right corner of the dash that screws in just above the top of that 4 bulb box. I also added a new lens to the upgrade. There are two screws in the left defrost vent too. On a good note mine came apart almost like I did it before. I had that odomiter set to my mileage, it was about 25,000 miles off... Oh and 13 new bulbs went in as well...LOL

Blown347

Staff member
Today I'm still in the process of cleaning the gt40 heads I got for the LX. I let them soak overnight in a tub of mr clean, engine degreaser and goof off, didn't even make a dent in the sludge. So now they're soaking in heavy duty oven cleaner which seems to be working so far.
I had 4 machine shops tell me that they won't just hot tank and oven bake them for me unless I have them do other work like a valve job or something. I thought that this was a common job for a machine shop but I guess not.

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
Got my new aluminum radiator n twin fans installed and my new tires just showed up...
aryzage2.jpg
aqejuzev.jpg
a9etuja2.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

My rims and tires should be here by Monday or Tuesday. .i just now noticed im missing my radiator air deflector last year I replaced my nose panel and im thinking I may hav thrown away..lol..which sucks cause thats not how I want to spend 40 bucks ill tryn keep looking for a cheaper option before I commite to spending 40bucks plus screws..haha :-/

Blown347

Staff member
My rims and tires should be here by Monday or Tuesday. .i just now noticed im missing my radiator air deflector last year I replaced my nose panel and im thinking I may hav thrown away..lol..which sucks cause thats not how I want to spend 40 bucks ill tryn keep looking for a cheaper option before I commite to spending 40bucks plus screws..haha :-/
There's a guy on corral that makes super nice aluminum ones for like 25 or 30 bucks shipped. I bought one and they're definitely worth it. I'll find the thread for ya.

Finally got my pony rims and installed it was a pain because all the lugs were stripped on three of the tires when i bought my baby 2 years ago my tires kept getting slashed at my old place and I think the same person also did that to my lug nuts, I they also had broke my tail light and mirrors sometimes I dont understand the mentality of Some people. Oh I also got my 140 speedometer

John2002

That sucks big time, even if you catch the pizza shet the cops can't do anything about it... I hope you catch him/them when they least expect it!!!

So I realized I had mounted my rear wheels backwards..lol I was looking at the pic I put on here and saw the tread was the wrong way, so on my next day off I will swap them round, I dnt think it will hurt the tires, wil it?

Blown347

Staff member
So I realized I had mounted my rear wheels backwards..lol I was looking at the pic I put on here and saw the tread was the wrong way, so on my next day off I will swap them round, I dnt think it will hurt the tires, wil it?
Nah not unless you had them that way for a good while.

Blown347

Staff member
Installed a baumann AOD recal kit today along with a ford racing chrome trans pan.

Any of you with an AOD, the baumann kit is a MUST! Screw cheap shift kits, you can adjust shift firmness, eliminate overlap and even raise your full throttle shift points to any desired rpm. It's AWESOME

And the trans pan is a good idea while you're at it because it actually has a drain plug unlike the factory pan.

Got a ton if parts going in the LX this weekend :D

Ported GT40 heads w/ arp head bolts
Holley adj FPR
Explorer injectors
Walbro 255lph pump
New fuel filter
Edelbrock victor jr water pump
New thermostat
Sn95 electric fan
New rearend with fresh rebuilt traction lok and 3.73s
Granatelli adj uppers, SVE tubular lowers

Then it'll be at the track on the 8th to see what it does with the new stuff :)

broncojunkie

Haven't even got my cars home yet and already buying parts, lol!

Picked up a couple 10-hole factory rims today at the junkyard. The 82 already has 2(maybe 3?) of them and another ooddball rim. I think I'm going to put them on the 88 and then take the turbine rims and put them on the 82.

I also picked up an ignition switch yesterday for the 88 to try and get it running. I also got me an actuator rod for the ignition switch, but I'm pretty sure it's the wrong one.

I'm itching to turn some wrenches but none of my projects are here. I have a 92 f150 that's getting painted as we speak. I just went and looked at it and he was getting ready to spray. I've got a bunch of parts sitting here for it, too.