• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So....what did you do to your foxbody today?

Agreed. I was sucked in by the maketing ploy on how these were the next best thing since canned beer. I spluged for a set on the new 88 T-bird Turbo coupe to see if there was a difference. After a month of driving around town it started an awful miss, thought it was electrical, turned out two of the white ceramic resistor tops of the plugs were split down the center, (yes they were checked and gapped correctly before installing). Coaxed the car home and put in the Motorcraft plugs I always use, and all was well again with never another issue. It was a fun day, Driving home with my 2 Cyl. Turbo coupe. Dang, I could have had a good dinner for what I paid for the 4 Bosch plugs. :mad:

Beeker

I do this to my plugs and I find it works good.
SparkPlugTipPrep.jpg

Bluez88

I installed my new Pacesetter Xpipe today and noticed something while I was under the car. While looking up I saw the my shifter used 6 bolts, rather than the 4 used on a standard T5. After taking a look at the side of the trans, I found a buck tag that said TREMEC 3550. Needless to say, I was Stoked about finding that out. :)

I installed my new Pacesetter Xpipe today and noticed something while I was under the car. While looking up I saw the my shifter used 6 bolts, rather than the 4 used on a standard T5. After taking a look at the side of the trans, I found a buck tag that said TREMEC 3550. Needless to say, I was Stoked about finding that out. :)
What a find! I'd like to have a surprise like that underneath my next fox purchase. Way to go.

Bluez88

Picked up some SN95 seats from Phil(Calypso Coupe) this morning and already got them in. I installed my Hurst shift handle over the weekend but kept having issues with the cheap rubber boot they include with it. So me being me, I had to find another way to make it work. I ended up getting the stock leather boot to work with a little finessing. :)
2013-01-08_08-47-22_651.jpg2013-01-08_08-46-55_998.jpg
2013-01-08_08-46-31_530.jpg

madspeed

gonna have to bring home the steam and hot water power washer to remove the undercoating sprayed allbover the bay by previous owner

Picked up some SN95 seats from Phil(Calypso Coupe) this morning and already got them in. I installed my Hurst shift handle over the weekend but kept having issues with the cheap rubber boot they include with it. So me being me, I had to find another way to make it work. I ended up getting the stock leather boot to work with a little finessing. :)

Looks good. I had that same shifter before, the boot is cheap for sure. I like how you made the factory boot work.

Bluez88

Thanks. The Hurst boot was way too restrictive too. Always felt like it was gonna pop the car out of gear because of the hard rubber material that was used. No issues with the leather boot though. :)

BANDITGT

Starting to finish up my heated core install. Hope to finish by tomorrow evening

Sent from my drivers seat on my iPhone5 via Tapatalk

BANDITGT

Drove it to work for the first time in a few months. Heads, cam , heater core, motor mounts, caster camber plates, electric fan , etc... Later.

Sent from my drivers seat on my iPhone5 via Tapatalk

Bluez88

Broke my hand on Sunday(Which was also my birthday, Go Figure haha), so I haven't been able to return to work. Can't do a whole lot being that it's my right hand so i did the easiest thing possible and washed the car. Haha20130205_160438.jpg
20130205_160429.jpg20130205_160516.jpg

89lxfox

Put a new harmonic balancer on my car today the rubber was coming out of the old one and causing some vibration then set the timing to 14* was 16* just a little bit high