• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So....what did you do to your foxbody today?

Blown347

Staff member
Another option is to remove the entire pedal box, which actually might be a tad easier. It's just the four bolts on the brake booster, the clip for the brake booster arm on the brake pedal and the two bolts on the steering column.

broncojunkie

When I was fooling with it, I took the drivers seat out so I could lay on my back. I'm hoping I can just get to it without having to mess with too much. I'm sure I can get the old stuff off. The rest is just getting the pins back in place (that hold the quadrant on) and getting the cable itself attached to it. I think it's doable, but you might want to cover your ears if you're standing nearby!

broncojunkie

On a brighter note, I was able to spend some time doing much needed cosmetic work. I replaced the banged-up hood with a nice used one I got a while back. I painted the underside and even cleaned up the latch parts.

Hard to tell from the pic, but I painted the underside "bright regatta blue", which was the original paint color. The rest will eventually be painted to match. I hope to get the door jams and engine bay areas done soon. I figure it might save me a little when it goes to the paint shop.

Blown347

Staff member
On a brighter note, I was able to spend some time doing much needed cosmetic work. I replaced the banged-up hood with a nice used one I got a while back. I painted the underside and even cleaned up the latch parts.

Hard to tell from the pic, but I painted the underside "bright regatta blue", which was the original paint color. The rest will eventually be painted to match. I hope to get the door jams and engine bay areas done soon. I figure it might save me a little when it goes to the paint shop.

Sweet!

Genaro

Sent my final payment for my 92 stang! On Wednesday, my buddy in MO is picking it up to do the mechanical work for me. Time to get a new starter, battery; which is seriously needed. Since it's been sitting for awhile, I'll get the brakes done, flush the radiator, oil change, and do a tune up on it. Also I know the tires will need to be changed, just haven't figured out what thickness of rubber I should get. Since it has Pony rims.. o_O Any suggestions?

broncojunkie

Been gone all day, but stopped by the parts store and got a new tank for my 88. Going to replace my old one along with the fuel pump. I think the new one a put in is going out. Probably my fault, since I really should have replaced the old tank at the same time. Anyway, I stopped by my cousin's house. Haven't really seen him in years, but he owned fox bodies for years. Actually, he's the reason I love them so much. He gave me a fuel pump he had lying around. I ended up buying a bunch of stuff from him. I say "buy", but I got the family price. It wasn't much more than "free". He's good people!

Here's the loot:
20140713_155203.jpg

Good t5 from a 93 cobra, reworked heads (big valve) from a 1968 (I'll use them on my 82 some day), aluminum drive shaft, maf meter and another housing, 2 10-hole rims (same as I have on my 82), multiple pulleys, extra new output shaft for the t5, 2 factory exhaust systems w/cats, crankshaft from old non-roller motor, a couple aftermarket coils, upper and lower intake for the 88, and a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember.

I hate to even start unloading this stuff. I worked up a good sweat just packing it to the truck, lol! Anyway, I'm going to start on my fuel tank here shortly. I have to work (some training bs) for the next 3 days. I should have the tank/pump done by tomorrow evening.

lyonmt

Looks like a nice score!
Is that crank still good?

I just bought a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 to part out today. Its nearly impossible keeping money in the Mustang fund. My wife spends it nearly as fast as I make it. :(

broncojunkie

Looks like a nice score!

I just bought a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 to part out today. Its nearly impossible keeping money in the Mustang fund. My wife spends it nearly as fast as I make it. :(
Crank is ok. been sitting a long time. Probably would need some work, but it was pulled from a running motor.

I don't know anything about bikes, but my soon-to-be brother-in-law has a nice "Buell" he's going to sell. He purchased it new, but his eyesight got to bad to ride it. Are they any good?

And I just finished working on the mustang. dropped the tank and put the new one in. The sock was gunked up pretty bad. I cleaned everything up. Filled it up with new 93 and went for a drive. She's running great again!

Genaro

Looks like a nice score!

I can relate, since I use to have that issue. But not anymore! ;-)

lyonmt

I like Buells. I like that they are American made. I owned one once. However, until recently, they were made with a lot of Harley parts (mainly the motor), which makes them quite inferior to their Japanese counterparts. There is a market for them though. People like me who ride for the sake of riding.

Wow its been a while since I been on here I work alot..anywho..so I installed my lowering kit. And rear upper and lower control arms. Also bought new cowl grill and picked a solar rear visor. And a bunch other parts will up load pics soon

John2002

Wow.... thats how long its been since we've taken the car out, August 6th was the last car show we were at. I did use it last weekend to pick up some parts for a 3 day two car brake job (s). After that I washed it and tossed the covers on it... heavy rain fall and unseasonally high temsp and humidity is keeping it in the garage.

lyonmt

I ordered new upholstery. Since my car is grey & Blue on both the inside and outside, I ordered blue & grey tweed upholstery. Should look stock, but unique!

broncojunkie

If it's good quality , that's going to be awesome.

via Tapatalk
Agreed! I've had pretty good luck with most of the reproduction stuff I've used. I bet it's decent quality, and probably a LOT better than worn out factory stuff. My seats are borderline condition. Not really bad enough to replace, but nowhere near perfect.

And as for that door molding, I'm going to try and save mine. I think the prices on these moldings are ridiculous. I have tons of weatherstripping, drip rails, moldings, etc to replace. I figured it up one day. It would cost me well over $1,000 just to replace that stuff. I'm saving what I can, but it ain't much, lol!