• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So....what did you do to your foxbody today?

John2002

Got the Toro up and ready for winter, new Power Curve pads and new bolts on the snorkle and I'm ready for O'le man winter. It hit 37 degrees here last night...

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Got the Toro up and ready for winter, new Power Curve pads and new bolts on the snorkle and I'm ready for O'le man winter. It hit 37 degrees here last night...

Let me see .... it was only 68 degrees at 3:00 AM THIS MORNING burr, :D
It hit 98 degrees here yesterday and it's suppose to be hotter today....... I sure hope not!!!

broncojunkie

If I had a place to work on mine, I'd do the maf conversion, cam, gt40p heads, gt40 intake, 24lb injectors, and a few other things. I've got most of the parts.

If I can't find a place to work on it, I'll rebuild a t5 or two. I've got 2 needing a rebuild. One is out of the car, the other is in my '88. I've got a freshly rebuilt one to go in, as well.

Last edited:

83stang

If I had a place to work on mine, I'd do the maf conversion, cam, gt40p heads, gt40 intake, 24lb injectors, and a few other things. I've got most of the parts.

If I can't find a place to work on it, I'll rebuild a t5 or two. I've got 2 needing a rebuild. One is out of the car, the other is in my '88. I've got a freshly rebuilt one to go in, as well.
You would probly be better running a Elderbrock intake, unless you are going to Supercharge it IMO.

broncojunkie

[WUOTE="83stang, post: 6103, member: 6941"]You would probly be better running a Elderbrock intake, unless you are going to Supercharge it IMO.[/QUOTE]
I actually meant to post that in another thread, but oh well lol!

Yep. A good aftermarket intake and aftermarket aluminum heads would be awesome, but not really in the budget. This 88 is just going to be a cruiser. I will eventually start working on my 82gt. That one will be built a little better! I'm thinking 351W swap.

John2002

The reason I wrote this reply in "WDYDTYFT" is because I was sitting behind it while I worked on the snowblower, I have the car under two old bed sheets for now. I need to fill it up and then I'll get her ready for storage. Might get a chance later in the week but I'll have to make it a short drive...not gonna get above 60 around here...leaf's are falling like gas prices but I know they wont stay low for long. Filled my car up last night for $3.32...

83stang

The reason I wrote this reply in "WDYDTYFT" is because I was sitting behind it while I worked on the snowblower, I have the car under two old bed sheets for now. I need to fill it up and then I'll get her ready for storage. Might get a chance later in the week but I'll have to make it a short drive...not gonna get above 60 around here...leaf's are falling like gas prices but I know they wont stay low for long. Filled my car up last night for $3.32...
Keep that cold weather up there in the low 90s here :)

John2002

Not sure if it got as low a 37 this morning, 40's for the morning lows and 60's for the day time highs the rest of the week. Don't forget the lunar eclipse on Wednedsay!!! Hope the skys are clear when it happens...

John2002

It got up to 63 degrees today so I added 3 oz of Stabil and 3 oz of Amsoil fuel stabilizer and headed over to top it offwiith some fuel before the schools got out...

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Started and drove the car something that hasn't been done since June. Yep it started right up and idled fine and no problems on the road either.:)

John2002

Started on the interior....went just as I thought it would...LOL...about 90 % out and had an issue with the bolts that hold the rear seat back in and 3 of the 4 screws the hold the center console to the dash cluster. I PB blasted them as best as I could. I empty most of my spray cans of penetrating oil in to a plastic spray bottle, after a cold winter they seem to loose the ability to come out of the can. I sprayed the ends of the seat bolts where they come out behind the rear wheels wells. I've had the seat bottum out a few time but never needed to remove the seat back till now. One sheet meatl screw is still holding the left rear trim panel on, the right side came off without removing that hidde screw. Had a problem with the radio too. I stuck 4 - 3 inch long trim nails into the release holes but the radio would not budge... I hope I can pull it out with the console when those 3 screws finally come out...

Attachments

• S5000072.jpg
    S5000072.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 5
  • S5000073.jpg
    S5000073.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 4
  • S5000075.jpg
    S5000075.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 4
  • S5000074.jpg
    S5000074.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 3
  • S5000057.jpg
    S5000057.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 4

broncojunkie

Might have to reach in from behind and help push that radio out. I think that's how I did mine, iirc. I know it was a pain. One side would come out, but not the other. Push it back in, and the other side would come out...but not the opposite side. I could only get one side out at a time and it would bind! If you can get a little oil back behind there, it might help. There was a little surface rust that cause it to catch somehow. Of course, my car had sat for about 10 yrs or so...so I guess the fact that it came out without taking a saws-all to it was a miracle.

John2002

I was just about ready to call it a day when I wasn't able to get the arm rest off, seems that someone snapped off one of the bolts on the passenger side and I had to pry the bottom of the bracket back a bit to get it over the nub of what was left of the bolt. If I can't get it out I'll most likely leave it alone... The radio was "Strike 2" LateModel Mustang made it look so easy, they have a 7 minute video on center console removal...I might have to order a repair kit for the ash try, it works and we never have it closed because of the cup holder but one of the tabs is snapped off at the cig lighter side. CJ Pony has a short video on it too, it was just what I thought it would take to fix it...$15.99 for a new spring 2 rivets type screws and a replacement tab for where the spring attaches to the console...If I get a set of radio removal tool then I can add them to the one time use tool box...

broncojunkie

If I get a set of radio removal tool then I can add them to the one time use tool box...

I've got two sets. How do ya like them apples! lol! Honestly, whenever I do buy a tool I don't expect to use much, the next time I need it, it's nowhere to be found. Buy another one, and I swear it shows up within 24 hrs every time!

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
^^^ Kinda like having something that you've kept for years because you think you'll find a use for it and then one day you think to yourself I'll never need or use this again and throw it away.......... only to finding out a week or two later you need it and you have to go buy another. :rage:

John2002

Yep, I got some tools I've never used yet....I bought two sets of portable sockets from Sears, those Max Access ( 75 pcs hole thru the sockets) and a regular style 57 pcs socket set with cash back from the Discover card. The two cases sit on my table in the garage until we go on vacation....the just incase tools....