• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So....what did you do to your foxbody today?

lyonmt

Me too. The Florida sun and the previous owner's neglect was not kind to this car. Lot's of dumb little things need to be replaced. The Paint and replacing the top are going to be huge! I have been using the crap out of Craigslist and eBay.

Agreed! I've had pretty good luck with most of the reproduction stuff I've used. I bet it's decent quality, and probably a LOT better than worn out factory stuff. My seats are borderline condition. Not really bad enough to replace, but nowhere near perfect.

And as for that door molding, I'm going to try and save mine. I think the prices on these moldings are ridiculous. I have tons of weatherstripping, drip rails, moldings, etc to replace. I figured it up one day. It would cost me well over $1,000 just to replace that stuff. I'm saving what I can, but it ain't much, lol!

John2002

Mines turn into the "other car " now, I pick up a used 07 Montego a month ago and I've had a few problems with it. The Mustang hasn't had a good run in about 2 months. We took it out for a romp on Monday to dinner then right back into her spot in the garage.... we might get a long run out to New Buffalo Mi. on Sunday . My wife likes that bar Stray Dogs , she heard it reopened this summer after the fire that closed it last year. I might go through the interior to this winter, pull out the seats and carpet and put some new matting and heat reflecking material down. The carpet is in great shape and the seaats are almost 100 %. I could use new door panels...

Troy91GT

I spent all day debating on spending the money to get a Florida 50 pro comp cluster or just find a stock one from somewhere and get a vent mount for the temp gauge and oil pressure. I mean the 50 clusters are cool as hell, but i kind of want to keep all factory interior and just make it shine like new. Plus I could take the few extra hundred in savings and put it towards a Koni suspension set up. I just bought my fox a few days ago, and I couldn't be happier that I get finally have my girl. I've loved the foxbodys since I was a kid, and now I got one. So, I'm a newwwb. Haha

lyonmt

I took a ride up to a swap meet two counties over and it was a bust! Lots of walking, smelly people and very used, raunchy looking parts. Since I was so close to Ocala and NPD is open on Sundays, I stopped by there and bought two new fenders, a new front bumper in prime, new headlights, new windshield seals and seat belt trim. They have really good prices. Pretty close to what people as for used stuff on Craigslist!

broncojunkie

Started tearing down the old T5 out of the 88. This is how far I went. Rebuild parts won't be here for another couple days, so I decided to keep the gearset/main shaft in-tact for now.

Last edited:

broncojunkie

Got bored today and went ahead and stripped the rest of it. Lots of parts in that thing. Let's hope I can get it all back together, lol!

John2002

LOL...I parked next to it today in the garage, Saturday will be the next to last time we take it out. Morris Ill has a real big car show every second Saturday of the month to benefit the Lyon's club. Its an all day affair, it opens at 10 am and you can't leave till 8:30 pm. They expect 600 cars.....Weather supposed to be in the mid 60's during the day but in the low 50's for our ride home.....the top will be going up when we leave...

83stang

LOL...I parked next to it today in the garage, Saturday will be the next to last time we take it out. Morris Ill has a real big car show every second Saturday of the month to benefit the Lyon's club. Its an all day affair, it opens at 10 am and you can't leave till 8:30 pm. They expect 600 cars.....Weather supposed to be in the mid 60's during the day but in the low 50's for our ride home.....the top will be going up when we leave...
I was suppose to attend a car show Sat. But there saying 80% chance of rain so Big Red is staying in the garage.

hey guys been awhile since i been able to be on here ..wow i have done so much to my nora i have uploaded a few pics with more to come please check them out. she is road worthy now, soon as i get more time im hoping to start cruising round and meeting fellow fox owners aound my area. to chill show off cars trade parts and all that fun stuff

John2002

Yeah had the top up on the way there and heat on top up on the way back...even had to turn the defrost on the windsheild... Over 900 cars...not quite the bigest turn out but wow....hole latta American muscle .... It was a long day but well worth it the $10.00 donation... Ther last event is for the raffiling off of a 72 Cutlass convertible... Thats a hugh swap meet/car show in the fields out side of town...Gonns try to go to that one too....

broncojunkie

Finally got the ol T5 put back together and ready to go. I leave for work tomorrow, 28 days, so it will be a while before I can put it in the car. Then, I can think about rebuilding the one that's in it now...which will go in the '82 probably some time this winter or next spring. The rebuild part really was pretty easy, except that following the book and video there were still a few things they skipped over. I ended up taking it back apart a few times. I am well on my way to being an expert now, lol! I think the hardest part was putting the thing back together after the actual rebuild. The tailshaft housing, cover, etc. The shift forks didn't want to stay in place and the reverse shift rod didn't want to line up. This would happen after applying the rtv sealant, so I had to take it back apart, clean everything up and try again. I did that 3 or 4 times. I'd get one part lined back up and go to put it back together and then find out another part got bumped out of place, so I'd take it apart again. It was nerve racking, to say the least.

John2002

Hoping we carry this great weather till the weekend, had to fix a fence and awning today. Car has too much dust on it to take it out dirty....wash day Friday aftre work.....

83stang

Yes sir, I was at a car show last week went to start my car and I had a hand full of people ask me about it, it's a a fast start but a much diffrent sound then stock starters. Can't describe the sound but you now know it lol
Man the new starter is bad to the bone!!!!!!![/QUOTE

John2002

Yep, the wife is sick...waited till the weather got nice to do that.... I'll wash it in the morning and take it out for a fill-up before the hammer falls with our temps here around Chicago. The first few days of fall were better then the spring we never had....

T-Pain

2016-notchback-LE

83stang

Out ran a Corvette on the Trac next morning I realized I blew out the Rear hub seal 3 hrs latter back on the road. Stupid IPhone won't let post pictures.