1. Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dismiss Notice

So....what did you do to your foxbody today?

Discussion in 'Fox Body Mustangs Lounge' started by fastfox619, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Ecupiratr0531

Ecupiratr0531 New Member

Order a new magnafuel 500 and two new regulators. Also purchased a few additional goodies.

broncojunkie likes this.
  2. Redtwilight

Redtwilight Shinigami

While we still had some nice weather on Friday before more snow came in; I spent a little time to hand polish the drag wheels on my '93.

[​IMG]

3. broncojunkie

broncojunkie Active Member

Looks great! I need to do the same to the draglites on my pace car. I also picked up another set of draglites in 5-lug. They're in dire need of a good cleaning and polishing. I plan on doing a 5-lug conversion to one or two cars this summer.

Redtwilight likes this.
  4. Redtwilight

Redtwilight Shinigami

I'm currently collecting the parts to swap the coupe to 5 lug Cobra brakes myself. I have about a 1/4 - 1/3 of the parts needed. Trying to save up a little to get the rear axles next.

broncojunkie likes this.
  5. MustangMike

MustangMike New Member

Change radiator to 3 core mishimoto new water pump and thermo housing thinking about going back to mechanical on my fans any thoughts?

6. Redtwilight

Redtwilight Shinigami

Are you already running electric fans? If so, why switch back?
    I prefer my electric fan; not only because of the HP it frees up, but the front of the engine looks cleaner.
    Do you plan to add a supercharger or turbo to the car in the future? If you do, then you'll probably will need the electric fan.

7. broncojunkie

I 2nd this. I will never run a clutch fan again. You have to upgrade you're alternator, of course. But then again, I'll never run the stock alternators in these cars again either! A 3g swap is easy and cheap. Plus, it eliminates a known fire hazard with the 2g set-up. The two upgrades go hand-in-hand imo.

8. broncojunkie

Screenshot_20180309-003925-960x540.png
    Here's a pic of my fan set-up. Not a great pic, I know, but it does show how much clearance I have with a 3-row aluminum radiator.
    It's a single fan which is designed for a Chevy HHR. I purchased a new aftermarket one from Rock Auto for around $60 shipped, iirc. It fits perfectly and mounting was really simple. I cut down some aluminum angle stock and drilled holes in the upper and lower plastic fan housing. On the other side of the aluminum angle stock, I drilled holes and used self-tapping screws to attach to the upper and lower sections of the radiator. If you are wanting a dual fan, the Ford Contour fan works well. I would suggest running two separate fan switches... either through a temperature regulated fan switch or manual switches inside the car. If choosing the thermo fan switches, even if you use the same temperature setting, they won't kick on at exactly the same time. Two fans kicking on together will put a good load on even the 130a alternator. Plenty of power to run them, but they pull some amps on start-up.

MustangMike likes this.
  9. MustangMike

MustangMike New Member

Well wanna eventually run electric fans just not enough experience with running electricelectrical and don't wanna screw up shroud fans with 3 core I hope should keep me kool got no mechanically inclined friends so got no help other than u guys here so thanks for any and everything I really appreciate it guys worked my butt off for my first stang at 16 and lost it to a thief now I'm 43 and got aanother 1 so eager to keep it Rollin

10. MustangMike

MustangMike New Member

Not planing on it but will the shroud and clutch fit with blades with 3 core?