• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So....what did you do to your foxbody today?

broncojunkie

Well, I'm seeing the same measurement on mine. Looks like it would work. Any idea how hard it will be to find a set?

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Well, I'm seeing the same measurement on mine. Looks like it would work. Any idea how hard it will be to find a set?

Yeah finding a set might be the hardest part. The other thing is they will probably have to be painted to match those wheels as the Cobra's are polished.
One other thing is that they are slightly convex or domed in shape versus the centers for those which are flat or maybe slightly concave. So I am not sure how they will look.

I also see the '05-'09 centers look similar. Though I don't have any measurements on those.

ford_mustang_center_3649_lg.jpg

$_57.JPG

Last edited:

broncojunkie

received_423954501452160.jpeg
The Cobra center caps have "holes" that go over the studs/lugs.
Not sure if you knew anyone around that had one you could try out.

If you'd like, I'll measure one of mine and get the diameter.
If they are the same diameter I'd even loan you one to try for fit if you wanted.

27354d1178437628-1996-cobra-wheels-needed-5-2.jpg
Red,
Your post on your build thread (street wheels) reminded me that I should update you guys on what I ended up doing with my pace car (rear) street wheels.

I was looking for a set of the cobra center caps you suggested and I came across a complete set of cobra wheels for a good price (although they were missing 2 center caps. Figures, huh?). Funny thing is, the ad used the same pic you posted above lol! Anyway, I picked them up for a decent price.

In the meantime, another local guy contacted me about some parts I was selling. Long story short, I ended up trading for a set of these:
received_423954501452160.jpeg
This should solve my problem and I almost went with these to begin with, anyway. So problem solved.

Attachments

• received_10205172828478328.jpeg
    received_10205172828478328.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

broncojunkie

Nice!
What size are they? 17x9 ? Or staggered widths?
17x9, which is perfectly fine with me. Any traction needed on the track will be courtesy of a set of draglites and Hoosier bias ply slicks. The staggered wheels do look good, but I like the idea of being able to rotate them front to rear.

broncojunkie

Hey guys. You're going to have to start updating this thread. I've been on a boat for 4 weeks and still have another week before I'm back on dry land. I can't wrench on my cars, so I need you for inspiration lol!

I ordered a new set of 10th anniversary wheels (gloss black) and tires for the pace car. I still have the anthracite set I posted above, but decided they need a little too much work to tackle right now. I also ordered rear shocks, coil spring isolators, and a new alternator bracket (been having minor belt tension issues so I need to mount it differently).

I also found a set of 5-lug mesh American Racing wheels for sale a couple hours away. If he still has them, I'm going to pick them up for the 79 cobra. I also found some nice (nos?) matching center caps for them on Ebay, so I went ahead and ordered them. I'm looking forward to turning some wrenches when I get home.

What projects do you all have going on? I'd like to hear it!

ThunderStruck

Today, well yesterday I upgraded front struts to
KYB AGX .
Also upgraded to 11" 5-Lug Rotors
Next will be 8.8 rear install...
Hope to drive to HOT AGUEST NIGHTS in Reno....