• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My new 91 LX hatch!

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
I definitely feel your pain on needing time to put in all the parts you got coming. 7/10 is a really good improvement, I have yet to be able to run mine to have a baseline to count against. Hopefully it will be on the track in November. We will see.

Blown347

Staff member
Finally done with the interior swap!

vahy6uve.jpg

And cleaned her up nice today :)
yzy9uvug.jpg

Blown347

Staff member
UPDATES: I've got a lot of work done. Installed Edelbrock manifold, full exhaust, Radiator cover, canton overdflow, full set of autometer phantom gauges, deleted smog pump, did a ton of cleaning and painting. And new PB time of 9.17 at 78 in the 1/8th. That was without the exhaust and smog delete. Should crack into the 8's now.

Getting it ready for mustangs by the bay carshow in San Diego this coming weekend. Still have to paint the valve covers ford blue, pull out the A/C (compressor took a crap so screw it) and do some other detailing and painting.
Anyway, here are pics:

7u8upudu.jpg

ypu8uquq.jpg

ytene4yg.jpg

y5araru6.jpg

Maxwell

UPDATES: I've got a lot of work done. Installed Edelbrock manifold, full exhaust, Radiator cover, canton overdflow, full set of autometer phantom gauges, deleted smog pump, did a ton of cleaning and painting. And new PB time of 9.17 at 78 in the 1/8th. That was without the exhaust and smog delete. Should crack into the 8's now.

Getting it ready for mustangs by the bay carshow in San Diego this coming weekend. Still have to paint the valve covers ford blue, pull out the A/C (compressor took a crap so screw it) and do some other detailing and painting.
Anyway, here are pics:

7u8upudu.jpg

ypu8uquq.jpg

ytene4yg.jpg

y5araru6.jpg
Mustangs by the bay is that this coming weekend? The 5th and 6th?

Maxwell

I didnt have a chance to come check it out had some things to take care of today kinda bummed but hopefully there will be another one i can catch before too long. How did it turn out though anybody know?

Blown347

Staff member
I didnt have a chance to come check it out had some things to take care of today kinda bummed but hopefully there will be another one i can catch before too long. How did it turn out though anybody know?
Too bad it was an awesome show.

If I'm not mistaken 88lxelmo took 2nd in the modified class. I'm pretty sure I was disqualified because the LX was in the stock class. I guess the polished aluminum edelbrock manifold isn't exactly stock, even though one of my competitors had an entire top end build, but he had a cobra manifold which is stock ish still I suppose. Oh well, still had some fun for sure

uby2yjap.jpg

Maxwell

Too bad it was an awesome show.

If I'm not mistaken 88lxelmo took 2nd in the modified class. I'm pretty sure I was disqualified because the LX was in the stock class. I guess the polished aluminum edelbrock manifold isn't exactly stock, even though one of my competitors had an entire top end build, but he had a cobra manifold which is stock ish still I suppose. Oh well, still had some fun for sure

uby2yjap.jpg
Even more bummed I wasn't able to make now would've liked to see some of the members fox's. as for being disqualified at least u brought some eye candy for everyone to enjoy. The LX is looking sharp.

Blown347

Staff member
Even more bummed I wasn't able to make now would've liked to see some of the members fox's. as for being disqualified at least u brought some eye candy for everyone to enjoy. The LX is looking sharp.
Thanks buddy. I didn't mind it was still fun, It only sucked because I spent two weeks trying to make it show worthy. Guess it gave me an excuse to clean up the engine bay quite a bit, which i wouldn't have cared about too much before :p

Maxwell

Thanks buddy. I didn't mind it was still fun, It only sucked because I spent two weeks trying to make it show worthy. Guess it gave me an excuse to clean up the engine bay quite a bit, which i wouldn't have cared about too much before :p
Lol I understand that. I still gotta clean mine up some just don't have any reason too really

John2002

I might be one sighted but when anyone showes the engine bay.....no one has that cover for the coil pack and soleniod, I didn't have one on mine when I bought it so I ordered one and have been hoping for a clear snap shot of what one should look like on the car. I also noticed that the coil bracket had been altered so I got a new one of them too. Any 8 X 10 glossies out there of the driver side fender with the cover on???

Blown347

Staff member
I might be one sighted but when anyone showes the engine bay.....no one has that cover for the coil pack and soleniod, I didn't have one on mine when I bought it so I ordered one and have been hoping for a clear snap shot of what one should look like on the car. I also noticed that the coil bracket had been altered so I got a new one of them too. Any 8 X 10 glossies out there of the driver side fender with the cover on???
I'll take a clear picture of it for you. It just slides into the frame rail and attaches with two plastic Christmas tree fasteners. One in the coil bracket, one on top of the fender apron

John2002

Thanks, its one of those things I ordered and didn't get to hang it on the fender cause that old coil bracket wasn't where it was supposed to be.