• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My new 91 LX hatch!

Blown347

Staff member
For any of you that want to go I will be at irwindale dragstrip tomorrow racing. It'd be cool to see some of you all there

Blown347

Staff member
jypuda3y.jpg

And the parts fairy paid me a visit today! Hell yea!

For any of you that want to go I will be at irwindale dragstrip tomorrow racing. It'd be cool to see some of you all there
What time and how much does it cost to get in as a spectator?
And what car are you taking.
Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Blown347

Staff member
Cool man, just come find me if you make it. I'll be in the white fox with wicked stangs across the windshield lol

Blown347

Staff member
Too bad Dan. it was a great day at the track. It rained a little this morning but stopped and stayed overcast and nice and cool. perfect to get some good times. Well the 180 bucks I spent on parts definitely paid off.

First time at the track it did a best of 10.091 at 70.62

Today, here is its quickest run:

60': 2.087
330: 6.108
1/8: 9.488
MPH: 72.72

6 tenths improvement. this is pretty cool to see the improvements made over a bone stock fox. highest MPH of the day was 73.61, but i had to fiddle with it to get it off the line because with the new gears the street tires weren't cutting it and it would spin em. But overall I'm pretty psyched. I went 3 rounds in the summit race as well, which isn't too shabby.

Blown347

Staff member
Just put it in drive. I may be able to squeeze another tenth out of it manually shifting but I want it to be consistent for bracket racing so I'm not going to shift it

I remember the first time I ever went to the track. It was in Va, I was 18. My first Mustang, bone stock 85 GT. 1/8th mile track first run ran a 9.40, ran a few more like 5 total and couldn't get any better, but didn't go any slower than 9.50.

I know just enough to be dangerous & get myself in trouble.