• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My new 91 LX hatch!

Blown347

Staff member
I'm porting them myself. The valve seals/valve lapping, cleaning and assembly is a buddy of mine that works in a little machine shop down here in temecula

Blown347

Staff member
Just minor work on the exhaust ports. No gasket matching, but there's a lot to be gained by improving the poor internal design of the runners.

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
Yeah I want to do that to the ones I got...clean up the ports n get rid of the extra casting flash

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Blown347

Staff member
Yea the intake ports are pretty well cast, no need to mess with them for my purposes. The exhaust ports are fairly simple. DIYporting.com has some good info on gt40s

87_notchfox

Hey bro wat kind of work can your buddy do at his machine shop...i got some head work i need done and looking for a reasonable price for the work

Blown347

Staff member
Hey bro wat kind of work can your buddy do at his machine shop...i got some head work i need done and looking for a reasonable price for the work

It's full service but he is the head guy. Just gave me a valve job for a great price

87_notchfox

Well i went to total performance with my heads n they want a arm n leg for wat they say is 7 bad intake valves, 2 bad exhaust valves, worn guides, worn springs n a few other things

Blown347

Staff member
Well i went to total performance with my heads n they want a arm n leg for wat they say is 7 bad intake valves, 2 bad exhaust valves, worn guides, worn springs n a few other things

Give me a text I'll give you his number.

Blown347

Staff member
Hmm what's hidin back there? ;)

y8e8epuv.jpg

hypuqu2y.jpg

Blown347

Staff member
so hows the DD doing
I broke it lol. Went racing in vegas and straight BLEW the rear main out of it haha. It did run in the 8.60's on the spray though in the 1/8th. I haven't had time to work on it since I have a customers car in the garage right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87_notchfox

Hahaha damn sorry to hear that. But when u do get around to it...will it stay 302? I am still thinking 351w for mine but not sure how to go about it

Blown347

Staff member
Hahaha damn sorry to hear that. But when u do get around to it...will it stay 302? I am still thinking 351w for mine but not sure how to go about it
Yea it'll keep a 302. I like it the way it is, it's a good little street car and I have a monster already haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk