• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My fox is dead :'(

Blown347

Staff member
So I went to the shop expecting to see my car almost finished(as they told me while I was in NC) and this is what I found:

emebynur.jpg

u5a6enuh.jpg

Yep, almost finished. Just a little filler, primer and paint and it's good to go, lol. J/k that sucks, they probably figured he's in NC we can take our time. Hope you lit a fire under their asses and it does get finished soon for you.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

:eek:

It's just like going through a Taco Bell drive thru, You always get stiffed on something you were supposed to get in your bag. lol....
But seriously, It sure looks like they could of at least had squared up the inner rocker/floor and massaged the outer wheelhouse inner structure by now. At least get the inner structures (ready) for rustproofing for 1/4 skin line up while its sitting there gathering dirt. I would assume that all the parts were sourced and were there prior to them telling you to bring the car in. Hopefully it goes a little smoother for you. Looks like some foot stompin's in order......
Those Dirty, Rat, Bastards.............:mad:

Blown347

Staff member
Ha it's not great. All they did wa a tear down. Rey haven't even fixed the simple parts like te two minor cracks in the floor. They still haven't ordered my rim after I gave them the place to find it. They say they've received two sets of body panels that were junk so they sent them back but damn. It's been there since December 1st

AT6svo

When my 84 was in the shop to have a 1/4 & roof replaced I basically told them I don't care how long it takes, just do it right the first time (also had a complete repaint done once repairs were completed). I also provided them with all the replacement parts necessary for the job (18V Dewalt sawzall is handy). I would also swing by every week or so un-annouced to answer questions and check in on the progess. I understand you may not be in a position to go that route but that is what worked for me.

Blown347

Staff member
So the body shop said they got the panels from someone in San jack to that knows my car. Lol did one of you guys sell them to the shop?

My best friend Chris has been working with them on getting the door, fender, and GT skirts. He was at the meet you came too, was driving the blue Dodge pickup. They had hit me up off my CL ad for parts and I forwarded them to Chris. I spoke with him earlier today and they have NOT contacted him in the last 2 days and have flaked on picking up parts.

Blown347

Staff member
I was just there and they told me that they were supposed to get te parts either today or Monday. Wtf!!

Blown347

Staff member
Can you give Chris my phone number? 951 7649656. I'd love to speak with him because this is garbage

Blown347

Staff member
That's garbage. Well if he doesn't have it this is the guy at the shops personal cell: Derek (760) 802-7774

I'm so beyond pissed at these guys I need my car back to get it ready or the summit season!

Yeah sounds like it I just hope they have tha ability to finish the car to your standards. Is this a regular production bodyshop or???

Blown347

Staff member
Yea I think so. I'm no body work expert, this is the first time I've ever had to have body work done. I just took a shot in the dark and looks like I failed