• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1993 4-cyl. To v8 302 swap! Eye candy ;)

Mnstr50

Version 2.0-

It's never enough power, right? So, I'm going for more, but retaining the budget build idea. I haven't been able to find much info on just a cam'ed 351w with the gt40 heads, but that's exactly what I'll be doing. I wanted a lightning lower, but people were asking way too much. Especially since Id have to ported it after buying it. I got my hands on a Trickflow R package for the 351w instead and I will be running a comp nitrous grind cam. Same heads as now, shorties, same TB, and accessories. I plan to get a mild steel UPR k-member while I'm at it (to shave some weight) and feed the stock bottom end with 100-175shot of nitrous. The bottom end will only get a set of rings properly gapped for nitrous. ARP heads studs and Cometic gaskets, standard oil pump, and hardened oil pump driveshaft

Comp Cams NX282HR

the profile is 232/244 at .050" on a 114 LSA this is the biggest nitrous cam Comp offers off the shelf for the EFI 5.0. It should work well on the 351W. Keep in mind, the plan is to run at least 125-shot up to 175 shot.

Per Fox Lake Racing, the lower flows 350cfm out of the box.

Pipe dream plans call for a 408 stroker with appropriate heads, but my combo "might" crack 500rwhp on the giggle-gas? I'm not sure, but plenty to knock off low 11's or high 10's with the right tire and suspension

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
Hey bro I saw you drilled and tapped the ACT sensor on your intake. I got mine drilled out already with a 9/16 which everyone says it works. But just not sure which tap to us. Which did you use of you remember?

Mnstr50

Just a few updates on this slowly evolving project; I decided to get rid of the FLowmasters that were on the car for a set of walker turbo mufflers. The muffler shop that does all my work insisted they'd be only marginally louder than the stock mufflers that came on these cars. This car is a true daily driver, and the drone was starting to kill me. The cats are off the car, and I have an off-road MAC pro-chamber, and I know the lack of cats is also resulting in more noise. I was seeing 90+db easy with the flows, but the turbos cut about 5-8 db from the equation. After that, I decided to ditch the 4.10's. Somehow, I've ended up driving this car from AZ to CA a lot and the 4.10's just spin the engine to high for the amount of driving I'm doing. I love the 4.10's are won't get rid of them if I was consistently in one city with occasional highway driving. My decision was the 3.27's from FRPP. I would have gone with the 3.08's, but I figured the 3.27's was a decent compromise. Once the 351w is in the car, it should make up for any "seat of the pants" loss. The power is still present, but the engine is more relaxed on the highway in top gear, which was the plan.