• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1993 lx coupe aka stang44

Blown347

Staff member
+1 pretty much any of the options I mentioned require a 26 spline clutch. The 26 spline input is much stronger anyway. IMO however, use an OEM clutch cable. I've used steeda, ford racing, MM, and all are sturdy and great. BUT, they all make your clutch heavy, and the OEM cable will work just fine and you won't kill your left leg in traffic. :D

Blown347

Staff member
It says its OEM design but I had an MM cable on my 95 and its definitely stiffer then the stock one before it. Plus it says it only works with a firewall adapter, which OEM cables did not have for older models.

Blown347

Staff member
BUT, I've never ordered say a Motorcraft or something like that (if there is such a thing) All my cars have aftermarket ones now lol.

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
finally got the right harness for the swap...well just missing the a/c harness...n thanks to calypso coupe for the headlight harness thanks bro...
DSC03120.jpg
DSC03121.jpg

87_notchfox

well i havent started yet...she is going to keep it auto for now so i am getting some bbk equal lenghts and not sure wat else for her car...and when u get a chance bro on the pics

87_notchfox

started to get the engine cleaned up some...put in the bbk headers and underdrive pullies for now. not sure if to give my wife my cobra intake or put it on my car when it comes in lol...
DSC03139_zps044a61e9.jpg

87_notchfox

Thanks gonna try to get it done this weekend if possible...just need a better cherry picker