• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1993 lx coupe aka stang44

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
alright so most of u know me and my wife have coupes with mine having a almost full SN-95 swap done to it and hers being a 4 banger. for a while she wanted to trade it for something else but changed her mind last minute. she has been wanting a v8 swap for it for a while now and finally i found a good deal on a complete 89 gt vert. the guy said it has a rebuilt engine that was sleeved for nitrous wat ever that is stage 2 clutch and a sweet exhaust. the car was a project for him but he dont have the cash to do anything with it. he said its a project that runs just the timing is off and the trans pops out in reverse. i can fix that or swap it when i transfer the stuff to my wifes car this week before i go back to work again. its a good deal i tihink for a complete running v8 stick for parts. i will be doing interior and as much as i can before scrapping the body. my wife wants a 2 tone interior not the red one her car has. the only thing is i am not sure if the 89 wiring will work on her 93 wiring. but yeah soon i will have a complete 4 banger swap with 52k on it and maybe some interior parts also depending on how the verts interior looks. here is my wifes coupe and the donor car...
IMAG2165.jpg
mustang.jpg
IMAG1036.jpg
IMAG1033.jpg
3K63Ga3Nc5Kd5X65J6cb8ca695c59ab0b1e27_zps5d0917dd.jpg

Wiring is '92-'93 specific and BE sure the oxygen sensor wiring matches the ecm.....example: if you use an auto ecm then u must use an auto oxygen harness.....etc

87_notchfox

ohhh well ill try to sell it or try to swap it with someone that might have one...well i guess ill try to find a 93 ecm harness along with the trans...

87_notchfox

oh alright so i have to find a 92-93 harness then ok. wat about the dash harness will that work with a 5.0 if its a 2.3l one?

Yes the 92-93 2.3 dash harness will have the correct connectors to accept the 92-93 5.0 engine harness. You will also need the front headlight harness from '91-'93 5.0 as the alternator wiring is part of the headlight harness. On the 2.3 as you know the alternator is on the drivers side where as the 5.0 it is on the passenger side.

87_notchfox

ohh good to know thanks for the info bro...greatly appreciated...i will hit u up with more question because i am not to familiar with the fox harnesses as i am with sn95 ones

87_notchfox

alright well then i might only keep the drivetrain and a few other things to complete the swap and sell off the rest

87_notchfox

well considering thiis is my first 5.0 swap wat things should i swap or keep to put on my 93?

87_notchfox

well aside from all the questions maybe u might know a bit about this...my friend is giving me one hell of a deal on a vortec supercharger kit with a v-1 s-trim making 9-10 psi of boost off his 95 cobra...just wondering if u know if it might work on a 93 5.0 with different brackets maybe

87_notchfox

yeah the tube and mounting bracket stuff...also will the 4 banger k member work for the 5.0 or do i have to swap it...or maybe you can tell me wat stuff i need to swap over from the 89 except for the wiring...

K member is the same. Suspension/steering/brake wise you will need to swap over sway bars(if not equipped already I see the car is 5 lugged already), use the V-8 steering shaft(heavier duty), V-8 powersteering pressure hose, V-8 booster(if not already equipped). Fuel wise you will need the V-8 fuel pump and ALL lines from front to back. Under hood besides engine itself and ALL wiring, you will need to swap all the emission solenoids(if so eqipped), complete A/C lines(if keeping a/c), radiator fan shroud and coolant bottle (unless swapping to electric). Exhaust wise you will need all the little brackets for the hangers and yopu will need hardware too. Interior wise for correct swap and easiest fitment for the air bag column and wiring you will need all 1990-1993 parts. Dash is different around the column, console is also different where it connects to the dash itself, and vert door panels/seatbelts are specific to vert only. ALSO you will need a 1990-1993 V-8 140mph speedo/7K tach. The '89 one will NOT work :(

87_notchfox

well the front end has sn-95 spindles with the 5 lug...a really fat sway bar from the front and a stock one from the rear...i have a 140 mph speedo...i will transfer all the power steering stuff, a/c and brake stuff i didnt know about the fuel stuff but thats easy along with all the smog stuff and vacuum things. the wiring i know u said wont work with the 93 harness...but will the ecu work??? interior wise i am not sure because my wifes interior is in really good conditions its red which we dont really like we rather the 2 tone silver and black like the gt has...