• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1986 LX 5.0 Pro Touring

347HO

These are some pictures of the front brake brackets I fabricated from .500" T6 aluminum block.
I don't know why I fabricated them... I assume wilwood makes them.
IMGP2452.JPG

347HO

I realized lowering this car, I ran out of camber adjustment. I researched and found 1996 mustang spindles are a tad wider and push the ball joint almost 3\8" outboard. So I purchased a used set, cut the "hall affect" boss off, ground all the cast and sharp edges off and polished smooth. Cleaned, and painted before installation.
6.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
23.jpg

347HO

Was looking for some intake pictures for a friend and found a folder with a ton of build pictures of the Mustang.
Might as well post some, unfortunately not is build order...
Big tire tubs I fabricated

Attachments

• IMGP2020.JPG
    IMGP2020.JPG
    297.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMGP2022.JPG
    IMGP2022.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 115

347HO

I pretty much fabricated everything on the car, so anyone wanting to attempt at making a part for their Mustang, request a picture or ask your question and I should have an answer.

broncojunkie

Those pics put a tear in my eye. Beautiful lol!

Man, I wish you lived nearby. I'd pick your brain on a problem I'm having. On my 79 cobra, the hatch is too far gone to save. I'm needing to swap over a later model hatch, but the 79-(82, I think) have completely different latch mechanisms. I need someone with a good fabricating eye to figure out the best solution. Either that, or just drop off a clean early hatch lol!

On another note, I love those crossmember mounts. I may have to make me a set, since the early cars are different (smaller) and don't fit the later, more common crossmember.

347HO

Bronco
Send me a hand drawn diagram with dimensions, and I'll cook one up for you.
You're talking about the hatch latch... Or the whole hatch?

broncojunkie

Bronco
Send me a hand drawn diagram with dimensions, and I'll cook one up for you.
You're talking about the hatch latch... Or the whole hatch?
Thanks! If it comes down to that, I will definitely give you a yell. I'm out of town for a couple more weeks, but I'll need to figure it out soon after that. I just ordered everything I need to finish out the body work when i get home.

347HO

I fabricated my own steering joint and shaft support (pillow block). Bought a severe angle bearing to replace the factory crap at the firewall.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
9.JPG

347HO

I removed the factory pedel and steering support... was crap, sharp edged, and ugly.
Those are Tilton pedals I bought from Speedway. Awesome quality and looks.
Honestly, I bought a lot of bolt on parts, but they were either crap, or didnt fit, or were ugly.
I don't mind fabricating, when I go to car shows, I can say I built it from the ground... myself.

347HO

I fabricated some door panels using scrap rv aluminum from the scrap bin.
I guiltily bought a summit bead roller to do the job.
These are version1
I'm thinking ver 3 is gonna be the ones I keep.
I'll make a "ford blue oval" template and bead roll that into the final door panels.
20210628_091823_HDR.jpg