• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

89 mustang won't run help plz

mustanggarage

a couple of other tips. make sure you use some rtv on the short head bolts as they go into the water passages. also on the intake manifold gaskets I always just use the parts of the gasket that go on the heads. then I run a thick bead of clear rtv along the front and back of the lifter valley. I do not use those short little gasket pieces. I bought a couple 6 inch long 5/16 bolts and cut the heads off screw them into the intake bolt holes one on each side close to the middle then position the gaskets on the heads. then run the thick bead of rtv carefully lower the intake and start the first two bolts in the front of the engine while you are holding the intake up off the rtv. then set the intake into position, start all the bolts and torque them in the proper sequence. that is the way I do it and I have not had an intake manifold leak since I started doing it that way.

Blown347

Staff member
a couple of other tips. make sure you use some rtv on the short head bolts as they go into the water passages. also on the intake manifold gaskets I always just use the parts of the gasket that go on the heads. then I run a thick bead of clear rtv along the front and back of the lifter valley. I do not use those short little gasket pieces. I bought a couple 6 inch long 5/16 bolts and cut the heads off screw them into the intake bolt holes one on each side close to the middle then position the gaskets on the heads. then run the thick bead of rtv carefully lower the intake and start the first two bolts in the front of the engine while you are holding the intake up off the rtv. then set the intake into position, start all the bolts and torque them in the proper sequence. that is the way I do it and I have not had an intake manifold leak since I started doing it that way.
The new fel pro sets don't have those crap cork gaskets for the block seals anymore :) they have nice rubber ones the fit over the lip on the front and rear so you can just put a dab in the corner. Finally I guess they realized that their end seals sucks lol. Anyway the new ones work awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89lx5.0

Well I've got her together and running. It hits a pretty mean lick too! Now I can work on my other issues. Only thing motor wise is I need to put a timing light on it and set the time and I can't find my light lol. It kinda seems like it has a miss when going down the road, could this just be timing too far off? Thanks for all your help guys