• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project 1990 WIKDLX

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Emilio dropped off some SS tail pipes that had been cutoff and he asked if I could put them on his car. The first order of business was to clean up the old ones. I had to cut them and then remove the pieces of pipe that were slip fit into the tail pipes.

1.jpg

Once those were out I had to cut off the old pieces of exhaust hanger and clean the old welds off. They came out pretty good.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Here are the pipes after being cleaned up. I did that with an eraser. :)

4.jpg

Here is a quick shot of the old driver's side pipe. Note the angle of the dangle.

5.jpg

Old tails were marked and cut.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Once they were cut off I had to cut the old hangers off, so I could reuse them on the new SS pipes.

9.jpg

Then it was time to weld them on.

91.jpg

Finished. I think they look good. Time for Emilio to get out the never dull and polish them up!

92.jpg

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Alright WIKDLX been seating in the Garage finally got off my butt and install the water temp gauge...

Turned on the car been running for about 10Min
12132013 461.jpg

About 20 Min getting pretty Hot 207-209 roughly seems hi to me..
12132013 462.jpg

DUAL FANS KICK IN TEMP Started Going down...
12132013 463.jpg

Stays around 200?????????? Don't think this is good.. (Not on the Road at Idle)
12132013 464.jpg

Car been running for over 30 Min stay's at 200 at idle..

Blown347

Staff member
What is the fan controller set at? it should kick on with the thermostat or slightly above.

Blown347

Staff member
Do you have one that mounts in the radiator?? If so those can be finicky. And a lot of them aren't adjustable. Mine screws into the boss on the top of the thermostat housing. Those are much better

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have one that mounts in the radiator?? If so those can be finicky. And a lot of them aren't adjustable. Mine screws into the boss on the top of the thermostat housing. Those are much better

Flex-a-lite Variable Speed Controllers 31163
controller.JPG

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
If not OEM take offs. there is only latemodelresto, scott rod aluminum or something custom. I am partial to scott Rod's stuff :)

Mine
fda73ad3257b607ae1349cb5afae3061.jpg

a61919febc7a89c576167678c80d0b8d.jpg

And my dads in the black powder coat:
cd03fef41fc1a09c8ea973fa5aa12818.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how the hell you roll down your windows:)