• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Inline fuel pump

Cajjar

I built a 2.3na motor and now it is a 2.3t I'm installing a walboro 255 inline pump and I'm wondering if the stock wires would be fine to use or should I run a larger wire from the battery? Also if I can use the same wires which color goes to the positive prong on the pump. Thanks in advance.

347HO

I built a 2.3na motor and now it is a 2.3t I'm installing a walboro 255 inline pump and I'm wondering if the stock wires would be fine to use or should I run a larger wire from the battery? Also if I can use the same wires which color goes to the positive prong on the pump. Thanks in advance.
Is your setup a "return" type?
IMO, that's a lot of fuel pump, and with a return system which the pump stays running... Factory wires may get warm, probably not hot.
I suggest you run the setup and measure amp draw. Use inline meter or a clamp meter on "DC" setting.
Are you using an impact switch inline? I suggest you do, in the event the car is in a severe accident, will shut the pump off.

I'm not a fan of factory wiring but, it works for the most part on non modified applications.

You need a voltmeter to DC test light to ensure proper polarity when connecting to any DC or AC system.

Cajjar

Yeah I'm using the holley super sniper efi system and am running a fuel pressure regulator with a return. So what exactly does testing polarity mean is that checking which side is hot and which isnt?

347HO

Yes.
If the pump is polarity specific, you definitely want to run it in the correct rotation direction.

Cajjar

When ordering a fuel pump DO NOT go through "quantum fuels" they have sent me 3 bad or broken fuel pumps and acted like they couldnt replace the first broken one with a good one because they didnt have it in stock but then when I asked for a refund they suddenly found one in their warehouse.... they told me it was a brand new pump and sent it to me, It ended up being a used pump that also didnt work. I'm guessing it was one someone sent back to them already. It didnt even have the hardware with it now they are refusing to refund me or send me what I paid for. So absolutely DO NOT use "quantum fuels" to get your pumps.