• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

hard clutch pedalIi

timothale

old and new ford performance
I have an 84 T Top Capri 5.0 At 80 K miles I replace the clutch, Install the ladder type sub-frame stiffner kit and a roll bar. at 120 K I installed an 88 flywheel and heavy duty performance clutch. I had broken 2 bones in my left foot-ankle and the clutch pedal is difficult for me. I had hears that there is a clutck fork mod kit to make it easier but after a couple hours searchin I cant find on. Any clues wher to find one.

347HO

If I remember correctly, the longer fork is not to decrease pedal "feel" but to band-aid clutch finger movement distance. I could be wrong.

In your shoes... I suggest a "Chevy" style hydraulic TO bearing.
You might also look into a version of firewall pulley kit which has mechanical advantage.

Good luck

broncojunkie

Make sure the clutch cable is routed correctly.... no sharp bends or heat from the exhaust. Your clutch fork angle should be a close to 90 degrees from your pivot stud as possible. Normally, this means shimming it correctly. The factory style aluminum input shaft retainers are notorious for gulling where the throwout bearing rides. You may check these things before doing anything too drastic.

If these don't work, i would suggest 347's advice (hydraulic setup) or going to a stock(ish) clutch. The Centerforce clutches are supposed to be lighter, as well. They use centrifugal force to increase clamp pressure.

347HO

In hindsight... My factory setup with firm pedal feel was due chaffed cable as bronco said.