• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust issue '90 fox

Maniacal

Exhaust was loud as hell and loving it. Started hearing a rattling sound midway under car. Now when I drive , after a little rompin it seems to get quieter. Just earlier I really got on it and it was VERY noticeable. Has anyone had this happen or heard of it ? I'm thinking it's time for new mufflers. If this would be the case does any one got any suggestions? I believe it's got magnaflo on it but I'd like to give her some more voice ... please help

Turbo90LX

I had an issue similar to that on my 90 lx a while back, it ended up being a egr thermactor plug, not sure if that is the problem on your car but it might be worth a check, mine backed itself out

FoxFan89

Do you have your cats still on it? If so check the heat shields on them because they come un welded and will rattle. Just need to be spot welded.