• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dark Horse

Here is my Calypso notch with MM setup. Running 2.5 tailpipes all the way back

panhardtorquearminstall001.jpg

panhardtorquearminstall002.jpg

panhardtorquearminstall005.jpg
Wow. That is one nice heavy duty looking panhard bar. Thanks for the super pic's. That's great you can still utilize your factory rear sway bar with it, I didn't think you could. Do you still have your quad shocks mounted up or do you even need them with the panard installed? I wasn't sure if the panard helps in the traction control dept or just the handling. I looked on the M/M site you suggested and it looks like you can only buy the panard as a kit with their lower control arms? Or can the bar be purchased separately? I am looking at the UPR lower control arms and coilovers for the rear for their light weight appeal. The M/M lower C/As look very stout alright but heavy.
I will only be using the car when finished as a showy street performer more for handling. I don't really expect to use it for drastic track use or hard launches. I was still looking to shed the weight as much as possible. My thinking was I could get by with the UPR control arm set up. Any thoughts?
And thanks for the help. P.S....Nice set up.

My ultimate goal when I get my next Mustang is to do an IRS conversion. But everything else will be from MM, and if I end up staying with a SRA I'll use the PHB also. With my plan of having a notch with limited trunk space I want to figure out a way to do a rear shock tower brace that doesn't take up too much space.

My ultimate goal when I get my next Mustang is to do an IRS conversion. But everything else will be from MM, and if I end up staying with a SRA I'll use the PHB also. With my plan of having a notch with limited trunk space I want to figure out a way to do a rear shock tower brace that doesn't take up too much space.
That sounds like it would be cool to do.

Here is a shot of the lower MM ride-height adjustable arms. also a shot of a homemade strut tower brace. Round tube with welded end caps that were threaded. Bolts go into the bar from inside the shock tower

progresstoday007.jpg

xmascalyday002.jpg

Here is a shot of the lower MM ride-height adjustable arms. also a shot of a homemade strut tower brace. Round tube with welded end caps that were threaded. Bolts go into the bar from inside the shock tower

progresstoday007.jpg

xmascalyday002.jpg
That rear set up you have is sweet. Your homemade rear tower brace is real compact and clean. Nice job, I bet the built rear really handles and hooks. I thought about using the M/M lower adjustables at one point thinking I would have more adjustability on lowering my stock 4-wheel drive ride height in the rear plus using aftermarket lowering springs. But have moved to thinking the coilover set-up on the rear would be better suited for the less weight difference I am looking for instead. I am assuming you have a set of the SVE red 2" lowering springs in there with the addition of the M/M spring plate adjusted all the way down? I'll have to see what kind of weight different between the M/M and UPR arms are. I'll also check out one of the pictures of your car on the board closer to see where your rears actual ride height sits as well. That rear look pretty serious. Thanks for the detailed pics. Something more for me to chew on.

Calypso what did you torque those nuts to? A buddy and me from HS made a set of carbon fiber subframe connectors back in the day. We sold some sets to Steeda but they tried to charge too much, end result they did't really sell. The way we made them they preloaded the frame to stiffen the chassis. Is this kinda what you where going for with your brace.

IMG542.JPG

So I started to clean the Heads for Dark Horse good old R Series 205's
IMG543.JPG

While cleaning the heads I noticed this part #6071-3 I did a google search just to review the specs but for some reason I can't find anything. If anyone could shed some light that would be awesom.
IMG544.JPG

Gotta love the off set intake valves:)
IMG545.JPG

1262R with 2.25"x1.4" ports matching an out of the box head nicely gotta love it!!!
IMG546.JPG

Nice:)

From what I've seen it seems the link is for a newer R Series head from the specs I recall this newer head has 61cc mine are 64cc also mine are the 205's the new ones are 206's. I was mainly looking for the spring specs now I'm kinda wondering lolo_O