• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

93 Coupe "Shadow"

broncojunkie

Wow. Just saw the post about the deer. Actually, it doesn't look too bad. A buddy basically totaled his 92 hitting one.

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Wow. Just saw the post about the deer. Actually, it doesn't look too bad. A buddy basically totaled his 92 hitting one.
Luckily it wasn't a large deer as I hit it at 60mph. But it did bend the upper radiator support and break the front bumper. The radiator may be leaking as well.
After I finish the heater core in the Durango I'll start pulling it apart to further assess the damage.

I have been wanting a tubular front end from 417 Motorsports or Team Z. Now would be a great time for one if I had the money and time. But I'm just going to straighten things out the best I can for now. Our first points race is on the 23rd of March; so I'll need to get going on it.

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Here's a little update on the deer incident. It did end up bending the front a bit more than it previously looked. So the core support has now been removed and another will be going on shortly. I hope I can have it done and back on the road in time for the local Easter race.

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Got the straight core support welded in.

Sprayed a little paint to keep the welds from rusting and bolted the bumper back on.

And finally hung the fenders, installed the new clear headlights into another bumper cover that we had laying around, and bolted it all on and aligned things up.

Everything actually aligned up better than before the deer. Now to get the radiator, electric fan and shroud, battery, and new hood latches installed. Then I can change the oil, spark plugs, and swap to the drag wheel and tire setup and I will be all good to go for the annual Easter Race at Roxboro Motorsports this weekend.