• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

91 GT Dies anytime after first start

Nickbarlow07

Issue where 91 GT has to be jumpstarted to run, only thing that’s been replaced is stater solenoid so I’m thinking it has something to do with that. When’s car running it’s 100% fine turn off go to get back in and it needs jumped. Good voltage on battery and when cars running alternator seems fine as well. I’ve double checked my wires according to some online post for starter solenoid. Only other thing I’ve noticed is the positive battery cable is pretty worn and tattered. Would that cause these types of issues? Any help would be appreciated

347HO

Suggest you install new cables. Both cables.
In fact, now is a great time to install a second ground cable from the block to the frame, as well as the batt ground to frame.
More than likely, there is a bad, lose, or almost broken connection at the solenoid.