• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1991 Calypso Green LX Coupe

Long over due update. Well, since I sold my '93 CHP that has untied some funds for the Calypso project. I have a semi put together 310ci motor on the stand with custom cam and Edelbrock heads. Been in need of a manifold and headers, gaskets etc. Came up on a set of JBA shorties and Edelbrock Performer intake off of CL. Recently purchased a TKO trans for the car with aluminum shaft and Spec 3 clutch. 26 spline input, 31 out. Scored a near new McCleod scattershield and fork off of AT6svo. Lastly an AOD crossmember to complete that swap. Ill have the combo together soon so I can drop it in, but will be painting engine bay first before it goes in. Also considering using the '86 motor instead since its fresh and turnkey right now. Not sure yet, got time to figure it out. Can't wait to get my baby 'done'. Paint on the rest of car is very near and also in the works :)

FINALLY an update on this car. Been working on getting the engine bay sanded and primed, waiting for paint to arrive. Coming along nicely, check out the pics of engine bay progress.

5 steps forward, 2 steps back.....forgot to install all the firewall insulation so out comes the heater box, wiring , and pedals..... FML.......

No pics for tonite, but have the firewall insulation back on the drivers side and pedals and wiring back in. Soon I will be ready for the engine from the '86 GT so I have my work cut out for me.