• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1987 T-Top LX Coupe

Chased this car for years. My buddy ousted it from a field in Nuevo Ca and immediately sold it to another friend of mine. That friend sat on the car for a year and sold it to Fox Fire 5.0 in Vista. Upong closure of thier shop I was finally able to purchase the car. Originally sold at Westminster Ford the car was sent to Pacific T top for the conversion. The t top conversion was done by C&C (Cars and Concepts) who did the factory hatch conversions and convertible conversions. So not a 'factory' check off the box option, but as near factory as one gets since it used all C&C parts and their own installers. Car is completely beat and needs absolutely everything. Plan to paint it EP bright red with black interior. Currently have the car gutted I am cleaning it up and painting the underside. Being installed is a Kenny Brown tubular front k member, coilovers, a 3.73 rearend with Racecraft springs. Car was airborn at 1 point and damaged the front core support so that needs replacing. Other than that just another wreck lol

ttophome001.jpg

ttophome002.jpg

ttophome003.jpg

ttophome004.jpg

ttophome005.jpg

ttophome006.jpg

ttopaug19th003.jpg

foxesinactionaug14003.jpg

foxesinactionaug14004.jpg

foxesinactionaug14005.jpg

ttopprogresssept23008_zps2f898458.jpg

ttopprogresssept23002_zps262f1f83.jpg

ttopprogresssept23005_zps81f09947.jpg

lxforsalettopprogressclparts9912004.jpg

lxforsalettopprogressclparts9912003.jpg

lxforsalettopprogressclparts9912005.jpg

Ford1288

Bad Ass Moderator
Not sure how I would feel about a T-Top coupe, can't wait to see if it gets finished. My favorite fox is definitely a t-top GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up a pair of '91-'93 fenders for it today. Nothing much more than that going on still have it in the air to clean and repint/undercoat underneath.

Pics of the new clip. Best $40 ever spent. CL find on the bumper and passenger fender, the hood was donated from my last parts car, and driver fender donated by a buddy of mine cleaning out his yard. Still need a rear cover and the '91-'93 fender extensions.

ttopnewclip002.jpg

ttopnewclip003.jpg

ttopnewclip001.jpg

Lookin good coming along real nice

Thankyou sir. Once I get it cleaned and undercoated/painted underneath Ill hang the suspension and make it a roller once again. Thats going to be my temporary stopping point I will likely do a quickie primer job in case it needs to sit outside from time to time. My main focus will be back to reassembling my Calypso notch soon.

The tubular k member on this car is a Kenny Brown unit. K member, a arms, and adjustable swaybar end links. Coilovers and springs are QA1

Thanks, Big help. I have been looking at some different brands for my suspension update. Yours looked like it would work very well being pretty stout and was just wondering. Looks like you have some good components for your set up.

Glad to help :) I have the QA1 k member kit on my Calypso Green '91 coupe. Daily driven with it for 2 years without issues at all. The design of it is a bit more basic the Kenny Brown one is built like a brick sh*thouse lol

Yes, The Kenny Brown Piece does look super strong. I'll have to see what it looks like in person (if still available). I am kind of at a crossroads with brand of the cradle though as I am planning the build of mine to be super light on the body with many fiberglass and aluminum pieces.
I don't want too heavy of a replacement piece like the factory cradle ( as I would not gain anything From it). But don't want my control arms to be connected to a frail piece for street duty either. Conundrum?

If you are looking for the lightest maybe consider the Chromolly one from UPR its 12lbs lighter than my QA1. Fastfox619 just bought one that will be installed on his coupe with the V-8 swap. Chromolly tubing is stronger than mild steel which is what the Kenny Brown and QA1 are made from.

I hear you and your right, The UPR piece was the one I wanted to originally use because of the lightweight, and also use there products on the rear control arms too. But unfortunately I have heard so many bad things from other 5.0 people have had with there UPR cradle. I was steering away from it for street use because of problems. I quess their problems were due to it being cheaply made but don't know the exact problems as each individual just said they were not good for the street, Most others say the maximum motorsports piece was the was to go but again, heavy. Maybe someone else has used the UPR piece on the street with good luck on this site?