• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New foxbody fanatic from AZ

Blown347

Staff member
haha my car was originally built by ben alameda racing before I bought it. Don't know if it was them or the previous owner but their build was all screwed up.

Novi347

haha my car was originally built by ben alameda racing before I bought it. Don't know if it was them or the previous owner but their build was all screwed up.

Ben is top notch! He didn't build the motor that failed. If I was still local and if money allowed, I'd have him assemble this motor. Failure was caused by a combination of many things. Some of which was caused by the car sitting in the garage for 10+ years.

Blown347

Staff member
I've heard good things about him, just never worked with him personally. The motor was just built real high compression (like 11.5:1 or something close to that) and subsequentally should have ran with methanol or race fuel. since i didn't build it, there was no way for me to know it wasn't suited for pump gas (as the seller claimed) until it melted a piston lol.

Novi347

I've heard good things about him, just never worked with him personally. The motor was just built real high compression (like 11.5:1 or something close to that) and subsequentally should have ran with methanol or race fuel. since i didn't build it, there was no way for me to know it wasn't suited for pump gas (as the seller claimed) until it melted a piston lol.
Ewww...not good. Chances are he'd still have all the specs to what the motor was built to.

Bummer on the 90 issues. Your cowl repair turned out great though with new cowl panel, grille and windshield. Not a light job,and it looks to have been a first class repair. Great job! It looks like its moving back in the right direction again. Kudos.

Novi347

Bummer on the 90 issues. Your cowl repair turned out great though with new cowl panel, grille and windshield. Not a light job,and it looks to have been a first class repair. Great job! It looks like its moving back in the right direction again. Kudos.
Thanks!

Lotta work to fix the cowl area indeed, but looks now like it never happened. Did it come with the damage already when you bought it?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

Novi347

Lotta work to fix the cowl area indeed, but looks now like it never happened. Did it come with the damage already when you bought it?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.
No. I'm actually the original owner of the 90 GT :). The hood latch failed when I was moving. I felt really dumb because I had hood pin locks in the garage waiting to be installed ever since I got the hood. Was just lazy too install it o_O

Gorgeous pair of foxes you have welcome to the site. At least u have the notch to fill the mustang void with the GT being down :) Hard to come by someone who is the original owner of a car for 20 plus years.

Novi347

Just some pics of my GT's progress.....

E1_zpsecfb4e2f.jpg

E4_zpsef9c5d47.jpg

E5_zps15f442b2.jpg

E9_zps9c654a9e.jpg

F5_zps810b92da.jpg