• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New foxbody fanatic from AZ

Novi347

Here's a pic of my coupe that was taken at Firebird Raceway during a test and tune.

img_6213.jpg

Blown347

Staff member
Ahh I miss firebird and speed world. The only quarter mile track here in so cal is closed until further notice :(

Novi347

I was born and raised in CA. Used to race at LACR in palmdalee and Pomona. I hear those arent running anymore. Word here is that firebird is closing come new year.

Blown347

Staff member
Lacr closed in like 2008. Pomona hosts NMCA and NMRA plus the nationals, but no summit series or anything.

What!? Firebird is huge why would they close?

Novi347

Here's my 90 GT before my rebuild. It sat like this for almost 10yrs in my garage. The stroker motor had less than 10k miles on it. After sitting for all those years the race bug hit again. Prior to making a pass I had made a few datalog runs and had an afr of 11.75. On the day I hit the track I made a few changes that weren't datalogged....big mistake. In short I ruined four pistons. The rebuild had to wait because I was in the process of moving. As luck would have it my hood latch failed during my move and I messed up my cowl and windshield. As if my engine rebuild wasn't enough work. I'll post some pics of the progress.

A Beginning.jpg