• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

my new 91 lx coupe...

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
I did...but I can't post video lol...I'll try to post a link...it's shitty looking video but sounds good

87_notchfox

alright so i got a question about injectors and sizing for how much HP and MAF. I hope my buddy blown347 can chime in on this. right now i am currently running some old bosch 24lb that i was told are out of a cobra that was rated at 305 hp. base on the equation of hp x .50 for N/A then taking the total number dividing it by .80 for 80% duty then dividing that by 8 to get the injector size. based upon my small build of engine i think i might need a bit more injector or maybe i am good. my engine build consist of 302 block bored .030 over stock rods and crank not sure of the pistons, felpro head gasket, mild port and blending on some gt40x heads with svo 1.6 rockers, E303 cam, ford adjustable timing set set straight up, mild/shitty port cobra intake with 70mm accufab TB and 1' spacer, bbk equal length headers, MSD pro-billet distributor and coil, underdrive pullies, A/C delete and smog pump bypassed (not hooked up). also electric fan. this little build should be good for maybe 340 hp or so at the crank. also i got a C&L maf set up for 24lb injectors black tube and a granattelli maf that set up for 24lb injectors. running about 38-39 psi fuel pressure. so depending on wat power you can guestimate i will be making i need to match it with injectors and maf which i can make work good with the ones i got. if not i got to buy some before i get baqck from deployment any help with this issue will be good. because i will get it tuned also when i get home.

Blown347

Staff member
The deciding bit in this is probably going to be what rpm you turn it to. If it really makes 340 at the crank that will bring you right to 80% duty cycle on the 24s. In a street car I'd say keep the 24s. Smaller injectors will always tune better so far as idle and part throttle drivability. Some 36s wouldn't be terrible by any means but I don't see you running out of injector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blown347

Staff member
I was wondering where you've been lol. I just got home as well. See you soon bud

87_notchfox

Lol...yeah been in the middle east right now but getting close to rapping this deployment up here soon...

87_notchfox

I had thought about maybe some 30's with the C&L and a good tune since I won't be really turning it up to high in the rpm's lol. Well I hope I wont

Blown347

Staff member
You're running an E cam so it will probably peak at around 5400 rpm. Honestly I'd say keep them and upgrade later if it makes way more power then you are anticipating. No sense in spending money you don't need to spend lol

87_notchfox

Yeah I think m just going to get it tuned with the 24's n see wat it turns out first n go from there I hope something good lol. If not bigger I go lol

87_notchfox

You know of any good tuning spots? I got da chips just need it tuned real good so I can try to hang with u on da 1/8 mile lol

Blown347

Staff member
I've never had a chip burned here personally. A shop called "The Best Dyno San Diego" did my dads car. Place seems a bit shady to me lol. But they did a good job on his. Pretty similar setup to yours too. I've heard good things about JBA, GTR, ST Motorsports and Cunningham motorsports as well.

87_notchfox

i had thought about going to the best dyno to get mine done lol...and yeah they looked a bit shady lol...but i also thought about dante's modular performance...but i think best dyno gave me a better deal on the tune. the other thing is i am not sure which MAF to use. i got a 76mm C&L with the pipe a sample tube for 24lb injectors and open element and i also have a big ass granatelli one for 24lb injectors. i am sure i got a few more question just cant remember right now lol. i know i need some suspension parts like coil-overs for the front and tubular a-arms

Blown347

Staff member
i had thought about going to the best dyno to get mine done lol...and yeah they looked a bit shady lol...but i also thought about dante's modular performance...but i think best dyno gave me a better deal on the tune. the other thing is i am not sure which MAF to use. i got a 76mm C&L with the pipe a sample tube for 24lb injectors and open element and i also have a big ass granatelli one for 24lb injectors. i am sure i got a few more question just cant remember right now lol. i know i need some suspension parts like coil-overs for the front and tubular a-arms
I'd use the granatelli one, those c&l tubes are crap IMO. If put the Granatelli one on a power pipe in the fender. Yea like I said that shop seems a bit shady but the tune they wrote for my dads car was good, no problems. The tuner Jaime seems to know his stuff. At least as of now I wouldn't mind going there for a tune. One of the wicked Stangs guys had a bunch of problems with Dantes. I can't remember the details but I remember a big mess lol

87_notchfox

yeah i thought about the granetelli one but i might take both with me lol. jame does seem to know his mustang tunes from the few times i have talked to him so i think i am going to give them a shot and see watz up.

87_notchfox

Getting it ready for a trans swap. Going from t5 to tr3550
1d55d9cf3d8993ed35888cd2c5f2bfb3.jpg