• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My first fox!

83stang

Agreed Blowen347- the one thing to keep in mind though if you go bigger on the calipers like me keep in mind you can no longer run a 15" wheel I'm running 18" on mine but you can do 17" and maybe a 16" but that will be a bit close.

Blown347

Staff member
True. You can make cobra brakes fit with some grinding on the caliper in the rear.

Something to consider, you said you wanted a 9 second car. That's very attainable without a ridiculous motor combo, but if that's the case brakes and suspension an safety are not something you want to go cheap with. Going fast is fun but you have to think about how much is your life worth? To me the 600 bucks for my aerospace brakes was worth every penny for a little piece of mind. I could've got by with just a full brake swap out of a new edge or sn95 but it's just not worth it.

83stang

Defiantly , go with a high quality break system. Some things you can go with cheaper components this is not the area to do so. Getting put into a wall happens very fast

junkyard fox

Ok. This should be easy cause I will need an adjustable proportioning valve for swapping to discs right? I have used BAER brakes before but never a real racing kit. What do you think of them?

Blown347

Staff member
Baer definitely is nice stuff. If its street driven the either Baer or aerospace pro street are great. If its not you can save some money by getting drag brakes from aerospace, strange or moser (all quality pieces) but drag brakes are solid rotors so they CANNOT be used on the street. They can't dissipate heat and will warp/crack with street use.

Yes you will need an adjustable proportioning valve and an appropriate master cylinder.