• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Coolant overflow tank / resovoir?

madspeed

theres some nice polished alumin ones through jegs or summit that look like ill be swapping to some day. Maybe a 2-3" round one and length of radiator height, something like that

FOX_SVT

In the burnout box
I use a jaz one quart recovery tank mounted on the factory horn bracket in the driverside fender. Fits great and cleans up the engine bay.

FOX_SVT

In the burnout box
i just ordered one from jegs. isnt the factory setup with a vent though? Does it make any difference being a sealed system?

When I said sealed, I meant that fluid can be drawn back in like the factory setup. The jaz recovery tank does have a vent at the top, just like the factory piece. Sorry for the confusion.

Crappy pics of mine but if you look at the passenger side bumper bracket ijn the 1st pic you can just see the cap of my overflow bottle. It is from a '84-'92 Lincoln LSC Mark VII. It uses the stock bolt hole for the a/c condenser and with a slight bend of the OEM bracket at the top it fits. Hose is proper legnth to the overlow nipple and it looks factory. However will not fit if you still have the a/c condenser in place :( 2nd pic you can see the white neck of the bottle just behind the grille.

calycoupepicsenginenblackguts010.jpg

calyswap010.jpg

89stang1

Thanks foxbodymustang.

thats similiar to the one i bought from summit mine is in fender in same spot, i turned mine into a recirculating catch can by running line from under rad cap to bottom of can instead of top. Then ran other line from top down into fender, works great you just leave bottom turn valve in open position.

FOX_SVT

In the burnout box
thats similiar to the one i bought from summit mine is in fender in same spot, i turned mine into a recirculating catch can by running line from under rad cap to bottom of can instead of top. Then ran other line from top down into fender, works great you just leave bottom turn valve in open position.

That's exacty how mine works, minus the valve. Here is a link showing the two different styles. I have part number 602-025-01 (recovery).

http://www.jazproducts.com/overflow_tanks.html

madspeed

guess i got the wrong one. its sealed, so ill do as 89stang1 and flip it so inlet is at bottom and leave the petcock open out the top as a vent

89stang1

this is the one in my fender
sum-g1472_w.jpg
summit sells it as a non recirculating catch can so even tho its called non recirculating can i decided to switch the lines around and leave valve on bottom open at all times and the top line ran down in my fender just incase level got that high in bottle. Works perfect coolant recovers as it cools from can and my rad is always full!.