• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chronicles of the Beast!

Blown347

Staff member
Update: 347 is out of the car. Going to start all the prep work, full wire tuck, maybe some smooth fender panels. I'm set on the fact that I don't care how long it takes, it's going to be exactly the way I want it this time. I want no regrets when it's finished.

he5evyqe.jpg

I'm gonna miss this motor but the 408 is gonna be sick!!

Blown347

Staff member
Picked up a full front suspension setup today. AJE chromoly k member w/ adjustable chromoly A-arms and motor mounts, coilover setup, chromoly tubular trans crossmember, and an Aerospace manual brake conversion kit. The weight savings is going to be ridiculous. I also have a flaming river manual rack and steering shaft to go with it. This car will weigh nothing by the time i'm done with it this time :p

Blown347

Staff member
Decided I'm going to go Carb with the beast. Selling the EFI stuff I have (some of it sold immediately) I'm thinking a super victor manifold with a pro systems pro series XC dominator carb or something similar.

Picked up a crane ignition box from @calypso_coupe. Going to make a nice mount to put it on the passenger side floorboard, right in front of the nitrous bottle ;)

Also going to run a 10 or 12 gallon aluminum fuel cell in the spare tire well, along with a matching Scott rod aluminum rear seat delete and rear bulkhead. :)

Blown347

Staff member
Well got the interior mostly out, along with the subs in the back. Scraped the sound deadener. Hopefully soon I'll have my fuel cell to mount :) for my birthday my dad bought me a Taylor aluminum battery box kit so that's covered

Blown347

Staff member
Big updates!!

Interior is all out, stripped the factory dash harness and removed all unnecessary wiring. Scraped all the sound deadener. Removed the complete heater assembly. Rewired the window and mirror switches to mount in the center console.
yse9evur.jpg

y2evunep.jpg

utage5e5.jpg

Mounted my battery box, cutoff switch and 15 gal Jaz fuel cell:

ytevy7ej.jpg

y4a3amas.jpg

Last edited:

Blown347

Staff member
Got all the holes in the strut towers and frame rails welded up, waiting on my Scott rod panels to finish smoothing the engine bay.

ybuqazeb.jpg

Got my cage sanded and primered. Tomorrow the gloss black paint is going on
ge2e5aty.jpg

Have a ton of stuff coming in this week and the interior will be mostly together again:

New black carpet
Scott rod rear seat delete
Scott rod shifter delete
Scott rod vent delete
Scott rod AC control delete
Scott rod Heater core holes cover
Scott rod wiper motor cover
Scott rod cowl vent cover
(All interior panels are natural aluminum.)
Jegs black fuel cell brackets
Autometer dash tach/gauge pod
New dash emblem

The dash and hatch plastics are going to be dyed black soon.

Built this to mount my ignition box:
7urytuma.jpg

Blown347

Staff member
Painted my old grey headliner with some duplicolor fabric paint and made an aluminum plate to cover the hole from the map light that no longer fit above the cage:

ete5uvuh.jpg

6e7ybu6u.jpg

Blown347

Staff member
Installed a swing out door bar kit:

urytamad.jpg

Custom made some side vent deletes to match the center vent delete from Scott rod fab:
ehu9abab.jpg

uma4uta7.jpg

8ygery3e.jpg

And I am very proud of this! Used a Scott rod shifter delete and a UPR window switch plate to mount my window/ lock and mirror switches in the center console:

zazere4y.jpg

The entire interior will soon be painted black like the dash pad is.

Blown347

Staff member
Welded in my Scott rod fender aprons. :))
zy4y4amu.jpg

Made the frame to mount the fuel cell. Once I paint it it will drop into the spare tire well

8ygureda.jpg

And tomorrow the 10 point conversion kit and x brace are going in! Then I can finally put all my interior back.
y2e4eryj.jpg

Blown347

Staff member
Time for a few updates:
Fuel cell frame is painted and burned into the car.

anugy4a6.jpg

Dash is painted OEM correct black with a gloss clear.
7eqyqa6e.jpg

Mostly finished wiring the entire car with a rebel wiring 9+3 kit.

ynyzanu8.jpg

ume5a2ub.jpg

agubuzy7.jpg

Still have make the headlight harness and wire the starter solenoid, etc inside the fender, waiting on more weatherpack connectors to get here so I can button it up.

The rest of the cage is tacked in, hopefully this weekend it will get burned in for good. (My welder isn't big enough to finish the job.)

Blown347

Staff member
Dash mocked up. I have to say that I have my personal favorite fox dash. Never seen another like it :D

ajatene4.jpg

Not done, but I'm making my own aluminum cluster to match :)

e2u8ebe2.jpg