• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1986 Coupe

Redtwilight

Shinigami
During your research; take a look at the tech requirements / procedures for the tracks / classes that you'll plan to participate in.
There may be a rules for mild steel vs D.O.M. tubing.
That way you won't be in a bind.
Just something to keep in mind while researching.

broncojunkie

Haven't updated this one in a while, either. But I do have some news. It looks like i may be getting rid of this car. My buddy hasn't had much time to work on it. It's been sitting a while and every time i see it, it seems like there's more work that needs done before i can start putting it back together. I wasn't willing to give up on her until another friend messaged me last night and offered to sell me his 86 coupe. It's a running, driving car (v6 auto). No rust to speak of. It feels like this was meant to happen. In fact, when I start the build thread, I may just continue it here. He's dropping off the car tomorrow, although I'm on the boat for a couple weeks. I have pics and will post them later tonight.

broncojunkie

Car showed up this morning. Sitting in my driveway safe and sound. Looks like the drag car project just got moved ahead. I'm motivated now, with a good starting point, fresh 408w sitting on the stand, and a pile of go-fast parts on the shelf!