• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Window run channel trim molding. Which paint to use?

Foxnotch28

Okay, so I bought the new window run channel weatherstripping from LRS for my '91 notch. My molding trim had some leftover glue residue from the previous owner putting autoshade ventvisors on it.....ripped those pieces of crap off. The passenger side was the worst. Lots of dried on glue. I worked off most of it with a dremel polishing wheel. Didn't want to use the 3m eraser wheel because I knew the glue was far too hard to think that would work. Long story short, didn't get it looking as good as I wanted to. Now I am thinking I should pull it off and sand it as smooth as possible. What grit sand paper would be best for this? Also, I am thinking about using rust-oleum satin black paint. Are there any other recommendations that might be better?