• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wheel Well Question

Jonathan S

I just purchased a very low mileage 1993 feature car (yellow with a white top). As a kid I always wanted one and found one in great shape with <13,000 miles on it. I noticed today that the rear wheel wells have what I thought looked like yellow overspray. I was upset given the Carfax is clean. Prior to purchasing, I spoke with the original owner who said the car was never in an accident. I also had the car inspected prior to purchase and there was no evidence of accident damage. There is also this black textured paint/undercoating in the rear wheel wells. Im not sure if the black undercoating is just worn and I can see the yellow underneath or what. Did these cars have black undercoating in the rear wheel wells? It is in both rear wheel wheels and is very uneven. The black undercoating is also uneven. I appreciate the advice.

broncojunkie

They did have black undercoating and yes, they always did a sloppy job on them. My 79 pace car and 79 cobra both seem to have a heavy coat all along the undercarriage, while my 88gt is more concentrated in the wheel wells.

Jonathan S

They did have black undercoating and yes, they always did a sloppy job on them. My 79 pace car and 79 cobra both seem to have a heavy coat all along the undercarriage, while my 88gt is more concentrated in the wheel wells.

Thanks for your response. Here are some pics. The left and right rear wheel wells are so different and uneven. I tried to attach pics but it keeps saying they are too large.