• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Water Temperature Gauge

Blown347

Staff member
I've got an auto meter sport comp 2 5/8" in the beast and an auto meter phantom 2 5/8" in the LX. Both electric. I'll get part numbers in a few

Blown347

Staff member
Stil looking for a water temp gauge.. @Blown347 which one did you post up last time?
Mine is a phantom gauge not a phantom II. It's all just a matter of style preference. It'll work fine and they come with the correct fitting to put the sending unit in the stock location.

To retain functionality of your stock gauge you can move that sending unit to the rear port of the lower manifold on the driver side. It may read a little warm but at least the needle wont be just hanging there.

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
I did that with mine...keeped the stock sensor up forward n put my mechanical gauge to the rear of the intake

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Blown347

Staff member
I did that with mine...keeped the stock sensor up forward n put my mechanical gauge to the rear of the intake

I've read that electric auto meter gauges and stock gauges get hotter readings in the rear of the manifold, which makes sense being that the coolant has traveled farther by then. Does urs read a little warmer then expected?

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
Normally my stock gauge reads cooler then my aftermarket mechanical one