• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

tubular front end

Roy

thinking of installing a tubular k member in my 87 ttop whats the best for street driven cars any good or bad stories thanks

Daily driven my QA1 setup for 2 years no issue, and my Kenny Brown setup is a decade old with no problems. My best friend has a 6 year old or so D&D with no trouble other than the D&D sleeves tend to loosen up. With any coilover setup the springs will rub marks into the sleeves messing up threads for future dissassembly or adjustment. There has been some bad stories coming from the UPR k members, however I also have a couple buddies that have their setup with no issues. Really depends on road conditions I would think. The UPR one is lightweight chromolly best suited for track or nice streets/highway driver from what I have heard. Maximum Motorsports seems to have alot of options and always has a nice product in all their suspension parts. My dos centavos(.02)

I second the AJE kit it's about equal with the QA1 (JMO) I prefer to stay away from UPR they seem to think their customers are their R&D department I'm not interested in them anymore. But I will say this their front coil overs and cc plates seem to work fine.

I second the AJE kit it's about equal with the QA1 (JMO) I prefer to stay away from UPR they seem to think their customers are their R&D department I'm not interested in them anymore. But I will say this their front coil overs and cc plates seem to work fine.

The CC plates are great from them. Ive had issues with BBK/Gripp ones stripping out the side adjuster holes. On Maximum Motorsports I have bent and seen a few other sets bend the top plates. No issues with UPR ever.

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
i like my upr stuff i havent had any issues it fit perfect for my mod motor...i just need my bump steer kit now

I'm using the UPR bump steer kit with a manual rack it was nice and tight but after about 20,000 miles it's kinda loose and sloppy. I'm currently looking into another brand:(