• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Stalling problems with my 1988 Mustang GT

llcooljza

Hi, I'm new to the forum and was hoping I could get your 2 cents on my problem with my 1988 Mustang GT. Stock 5.0, AOD, nothing fancy just rebuilt. I love me car, but its been stalling out (at a stoplight, pulling out of parking spots, while driving) I've done everything I could think of to fix the problem and it still happens! This is a rescue car I've been restoring for the last few years and now is my daily driver. Here is a list of what I've done to try and fix it...
-Tested fuel pump, I always here it turn on. Put a new sock on it just to be safe
-Had the injectors cleaned
-Cleaned out fuel rail
-I bypassed the switch that will shut off the pump in case of an accident
-Replaced fuel filter twice
-Tested Idle control
-Replaced Ignition switch
-Replaced pump relay under the seat
-Checked ground for fuel pump
-Cleaned connectors for pump and sending unit. They snapped right in (No burn marks)
-When it stalls I hook up a fuel pressure gauge (Its died with the gauge on it) Didn't loose pressure
-Did a Fuel volume test.
-I had the switch thing (forgot what it called) On the distributor replaced
-Used a test light on the coil (solid, other side was pulsing)
-Checked for spark to the distributor
-Cleaned throttle body
I'm out of ideas, I love this car, and I'm beating my head against the wall trying to come up with something that could cause this. The engine and trans have both been rebuilt by reputable shops. I runs so smooth, but then just stalls out. Morning, night, hot cold, just stalls. I turn the key off and wait 10 seconds, Usually fires right back up on the second of third try. PLEASE! If you have any ideas, I would appreciate it. I start back up at school in a month, and I need it to be more reliable.

Attachments

• 1073701_10151699435834799_574217642_o.jpg
    1073701_10151699435834799_574217642_o.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 3