• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So...what shifter are you runnin in your fox body?

89 blue coupe- steeda tri-ax on a t5
89 blk gt(soon on the 92 calypso coupe):D- B&M blue thunder on a tremec 3550

93 cobra-pro 5.0 on a t5
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

'86 GT has the old school Hurst on a beat down T-5
'87 T Top Coupe has no trans lol
'91 Calypso Coupe has a Pro 5.0 on a Tremec 3550
'93 CHP Coupe has stock shifter and handle but with the billet shifter inserts

Blown347

Staff member
How do you like your A-5 and what noticeable differences between this tranny and a reg t5?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

I love it. One it's like bulletproof, it's just a little whinier then a normal t5. But it has improved gear ratios, particularly in 1st. I run 3.73s in the rear, which used to make 1st gear essentially worthless. It was there and gone in an instant. Now 1st gear is much more usable and it pulls in 1st much better then the stock ratio

Beeker

B&M Pro ripper
hallmark4-1.jpg

Had a Hurst Competition Plus with black knob under the stock boot in my first 85. Put a Hurst Competition Plus with chrome stick, white knob and console plate in my all black 93, the chrome and white was a nice contrast to the black. And my last 85 had the stock base with the Pro 5.0 power stick and Ford Racing leather knob. Next Mustang I get will have a full Pro 5.0 with the same leather knob from the last 85. Also thinking about a Redline Goods leather boot. Another option is the Pro 5.0 base and the chrome stick and white knob from the 05-up Hurst under the leather boot.

1bad67sbf

pro 5.0 stick on a stock bottom assy. I did it because the stick was $5 and it lowered the handle like i wanted it. feels good for 5 bucks