• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Seasons Greetings from a new Fox Body Owner in Florida!

Wareagle32789

I just became the new owner of a 1991 Mustang LX 5.0/5-speed. Third owner, 152,000 original miles. I bought it from one of my tenants who lost his parking and had to let it go, so I'm trying to recapture some of this pony's former glory. My stepdad had an '85 LX with the same power train when I was in high school, and I remember how much fun that car was to drive.

My Fox is running and driving, but needs a lot of little stuff. I just picked it up from my mechanic and his report lists things you would expect from an almost 30 year old car: radiator leak, bad wheel bearing on front left, a/c not working, small oil leaks, needs differential and gearbox fluid changed. The passenger power window is out, and the passenger exterior door handle is broken, so I'm looking for sources for these kind of parts.

This is my first Mustang, so I'm new to the nuances of this car - looking forward to using the forums to learn from the wisdom and experiences of others. I'm always looking for advice, especially any things to do immediately before I start tinkering with the car too much.

Looking forward to interacting with fellow Fox Body enthusiasts!

Tom - Wareagle32789