• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rear Shock Tower Braces.............interested?

fastronald

Is there a difference between various years in EARLY Fox platform cars? I'm thinking of building BOLT in rear shock braces rather than the usual using the shocks. I might need to build them on a case by case basis IF there are differences. Thanks Have heard and seen 37' to 38 1/2".

UPDATE.

I will solve the difference in EARLY fox bodies by building an ADJUSTABLE brace for street applications. Threaded rod stock and jam nut to secure the distance. Two 3/8" Grade Eight bolts hold it in place....two holes must be drilled. I will build them in bare metal, primer or painted to your choice and fasteners are included. Currently projected cost is between $55.oo to $60.oo shipped to your door.

also have a third idea......a bolt on similar to the braces I had been building for T-Birds and Cougars.

Attachments

• rbs.jpg
    rbs.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

fastronald

The Fox body braces will be similar to the pic (my MN-12 braces)... they will have an 8 degree angle to match the tower and notched to clear the shock bushings yet allow them to be bolted in.

fastronald

Well....I shipped another one through U.P.S. today...........painted grey as per buyers instructions. Have two styles available one I regard as heavy duty ( uses 4 bolts to mount it) the other for purely street driven cars (uses 2 bolts to mount it).

fastronald

I have an especially great solution and much more attractive as well................any added strength to a unibody car is a plus....will post a pic soon.......have been busy working on the best brace possible.

fastronald

I will post pics of an improved design idea in january......need to build a welding jig to make sure each meets specs. painted brackets...adjustable aluminum bar. price is projected to be in the $55.oo to $60.oo range.............will include required fasteners required.........FREE SHIPPING.