• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rear Shock Tower Braces.............interested?

fastronald

Is there a difference between various years in EARLY Fox platform cars? I'm thinking of building BOLT in rear shock braces rather than the usual using the shocks. I might need to build them on a case by case basis IF there are differences. Thanks Have heard and seen 37' to 38 1/2".

UPDATE.

I will solve the difference in EARLY fox bodies by building an ADJUSTABLE brace for street applications. Threaded rod stock and jam nut to secure the distance. Two 3/8" Grade Eight bolts hold it in place....two holes must be drilled. I will build them in bare metal, primer or painted to your choice and fasteners are included. Currently projected cost is between $55.oo to $60.oo shipped to your door.

also have a third idea......a bolt on similar to the braces I had been building for T-Birds and Cougars.

Attachments

• rbs.jpg
    rbs.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: