• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

OIl dip stick tube...

John2002

In may haste to remove that bolt that holds the DST bracket to the header (captured bolt/nut and fastening nut) I had to remove the DST from the engine block. Now I'm not sure if its gone in all the way because I didn't look at it before I pulled it out from the engine. About 4 inches back from the end of the DST that goes into the engine there are two ribs about and inch apart form each other, now does that first rib stop the tube from going further in to the pan or is the second rib supposed to do that putting one rib on inside and one on the outside? Changing the headers and every OEM bolt came out easy, I could not separate the bracket bolt so I had to remove the DST and use a vice to get that fastening nut off which damaged the threads on the header bolt. In addition , is there some sort of gromment that should sit between those two ribs ???

Any ideas???

Thanks...

Last edited: