• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie to the forum from South Fla.

Foxworthy

I have a 1987 black convertible 5.0. I almost have my girl the way I want her except one thing. Five lug conversion and lower her a bit closer to the asphalt. As you know I can't begin any of this until I get a new set of wheels and tires. So does anyone know what wheel offset I'll need for 17's to fit inside the front fender well so I can lower her? Thanks in advance.

broncojunkie

I have a 1987 black convertible 5.0. I almost have my girl the way I want her except one thing. Five lug conversion and lower her a bit closer to the asphalt. As you know I can't begin any of this until I get a new set of wheels and tires. So does anyone know what wheel offset I'll need for 17's to fit inside the front fender well so I can lower her? Thanks in advance.
Look up the 17" wheels listed on LMR's website. They list 5-lug wheels for fox cars and I believe they show the backspacing for them.