• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie from Indiana

Jamie B

Hello Everyone,

I will be picking up my 1993 GT Convertible tomorrow evening. I am pretty stoked about it. The car will need some TLC but overall it is a solid unmolested car. The biggest issue is the rear window is crap. It will be a fun weekend/project car for me and my 10 year old son. It was pretty cool taking him with me to look at the car. I think he was more excited than I was. The only downside to his excitement, was it made it a little difficult to try and haggle the price. He is standing next to me telling me to just buy it while I am trying to offer less. But in the end, I think I got a pretty good deal and met another Mustang guy in the process. I look forward to gaining some knowledge from this forum.

Jamie

Jamie B

Here is a pic of the car. It needs some work. The idea was getting something fun to drive while my son and I worked on it. Unfortunately, on the way home the tranny started slipping on me. I am not too familiar with the AOD tranny, but I know I have heard the TV cable has to be adjusted properly. I am going to be looking up info on that first. So the stang will sit until I know what is going on.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    977.5 KB · Views: 6

Blown347

Staff member
Here is a pic of the car. It needs some work. The idea was getting something fun to drive while my son and I worked on it. Unfortunately, on the way home the tranny started slipping on me. I am not too familiar with the AOD tranny, but I know I have heard the TV cable has to be adjusted properly. I am going to be looking up info on that first. So the stang will sit until I know what is going on.
Yea the tv cable can cause a low pressure condition in the valve body. If that happens and is driven for any length of time you can grenade the trans. If that happened its already too late and will need a rebuild.

Best way to avoid the problem is purchase a constant pressure valve body from silver fox, b&m, TCI, or others. Silver fox is probably the best. It eliminates the necessity of adjusting the TV cable, and keeps a constant pressure by itself.