• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Oklahoma Member

Lantz Holloman

New to the foxbody world... Just got myself into an 89 Foxbody GT 5.0 manual Convertible with 99k miles. Doesn't run as of now, but will be fixing that shortly! Always have only been a ford guy so naturally had to have it. The car is in rough shape but got it mixed in with a trade so I'm happy with it and can't wait to learn about everything these cars have to offer! pretty cool trade have all the original papers and the window sticker!

If anybody knows a good spot to get a soft top from would be greatly appreciated!

broncojunkie

I believe all the major mustang vendors have them. LMR, CJPony, and American Muscle. I just checked LMR and it looks like they're out of stock. You might be able to contact them or their manufacturer if you're in a hurry. I'm guessing it's probably just a supply chain issue, like most other things these days.

Welcome to the group! When you get around to replacing that top, how about posting your experience on here? This has always been a mystery to me... some sort of black art lol!

Lantz Holloman

I believe all the major mustang vendors have them. LMR, CJPony, and American Muscle. I just checked LMR and it looks like they're out of stock. You might be able to contact them or their manufacturer if you're in a hurry. I'm guessing it's probably just a supply chain issue, like most other things these days.

Welcome to the group! When you get around to replacing that top, how about posting your experience on here? This has always been a mystery to me... some sort of black art lol!
Will definitely post about it! hopefully, it won't be much harder than a Miata soft top. but who knows with the power top feature it has might present a challenge...

yendor65

New to the foxbody world... Just got myself into an 89 Foxbody GT 5.0 manual Convertible with 99k miles. Doesn't run as of now, but will be fixing that shortly! Always have only been a ford guy so naturally had to have it. The car is in rough shape but got it mixed in with a trade so I'm happy with it and can't wait to learn about everything these cars have to offer! pretty cool trade have all the original papers and the window sticker!

If anybody knows a good spot to get a soft top from would be greatly appreciated!
Hey Lance......I'm in fine State of Oklahoma too!