• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Build Start Up

CO_FoxBody

Hi All, I am new here, but not new to cars. I have owned and built many GM muscle cars from the 70s and 60s, mostly Chevelles.
I bought new in 1987 a 5.0 LX and I just returned to a 1990 5.0 LX I bought last weekend.

I want to do lots of stuff to it but I am ignorant about these cars, mostly. What are some good suspension system kits I can upgrade my car to?

Thanks

broncojunkie

There are a ton of options. Just go to LMR and look at what they have. If you want the absolute best (still a reasonable cost, considering the quality and r&d they do), just go to Maximum Motorsports and see what they offer. If you don't already have them, a good set of weld-on full-length subframe connectors is an absolute necessity. I would consider upper and lower torque box reinforcements a close second. Both of these are fairly inexpensive upgrades.

CO_FoxBody

There are a ton of options. Just go to LMR and look at what they have. If you want the absolute best (still a reasonable cost, considering the quality and r&d they do), just go to Maximum Motorsports and see what they offer. If you don't already have them, a good set of weld-on full-length subframe connectors is an absolute necessity. I would consider upper and lower torque box reinforcements a close second. Both of these are fairly inexpensive upgrades.
Thanks for the tips brutha