• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 80 Notch racer.

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
null_zps7e5ec3e3.jpg
null_zps1c94743a.jpg
I know she's rough in some areas and that will all get worked out in time, but for right now she is new and this is her new home. Once tranny is in and lines are all finished up I will be moving into body and paint. But my focus right now is to finish getting her to move under her own power again. My laundry list is long of things to do as you can imagine. But this is how she sits currently with things changing every week.
Current setup:
351C
Fomoco 4bbl heads w/ work
stock bore stroke
forged rods and pistons
predator 950cfm carb
Ford 9" shortened rear built
C4 tranny
4 link with coil overs and pan hard
rear tires are 13 x 31 x 15
front tires are 5.5's

89stang1

welcome! and nice 4 eye!! whenever that laundry list seems long just pull up a chair and sit behind her and stare at that badass tubbed big tire sweet ass it will inspire u to go on!

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
Thank you! I hear ya. Lately I have been spending a lot of time back there. Here is an issue someone on here might be able to help me with, anyone ever seen a coilover setup like this? Trying to find a replacement is driving me bonkers! I am contemplating cutting it out and putting a more updated setup in it.
null_zpsd029acd4.jpg

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
null_zps46ab3d7d.jpg

So went to the junk yard and found an 83 GX donor car and got my headlight surrounds and cowl cover. Resprayed them with duplicolor trim paint. This picture was before that and was a test fit.
null_zps4976bfef.jpg

So was this one.
null_zps068fb3b2.jpg

Now I gotta put all this into it. Anyone own a welder have some experience with suspensions and want to help a brother out?!?
null_zps4a9f621d.jpg

New back brace coilover mounts.
null_zps846a7ce3.jpg

New upper coilover mounts.
null_zpsb90ad041.jpg

Fuel pressure gauge moved outside of car so its legal!
null_zpse8f9c27d.jpg

Forgive my mess.

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
Ha! Just got done with new fuel system lines converted over to AN will post pictures sometime soon. Hopefully my buddy is going to come over next week with his welder and help me tack up the rear end so I can test fit my new shocks and get rear end completed so I can move on to the rest of the car wiring and what not.

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
Wow. It has been awhile guys!! So I have almost finished the car. I installed the above parts in the pictures plus some QA1 Proma Star adjustable coil overs. I also put in some Hedman Hustler 17/8 headers. A PTC 5200 stall and PA Bell hosuing. Flaming River steering setup. I fab'd up a new radiator mount for the radiator. I also rewired entire car with a Leash Electronic sportsman box. Now all that is left if to mount the water pump get a hold of some new slicks and batteries and Im going racing!!! I will post some pictures of all this a little later dont have access to facespace at work.

NotchRacer

Shake and Bake!
Well I ended up just getting a new fan and mounting it to the front side of the radiator. This was because when whoever had the car before me had modified the front end of the car they cut out the stock lower mount and replaced it with 3"W 1"H tubing. When I made my lower mount this pushed my radiator back about 6" from stock leaving me with little clearance between the water pump and it. I think its better this way anyways, puts the weight back further towards the motor and should help with weight transfer.