• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

machine shop

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
i am looking for a good machine shop or maybe someone that knows wat they are doing to do a port and polish on my gt40 heads and maybe my cobra intake. i am not looking for nothing really fancy or a full on like racing thing lol just want them cleaned up...if anyone know of a place or can do it in the SAN DIEGO area i would appreciate it...

PxTx

I'm not real familiar with the gains you can get from these heads. I had a set of old Chevy heads done at Grump Jenkins place in the beginning of last year. They did some work in the bowl area and said that would get me the biggest gain.

The bowl is the area behind the valve, on the other side of the combustion chamber. What is the area people usually start to fork in Ford heads?

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
i am looking for a good machine shop or maybe someone that knows wat they are doing to do a port and polish on my gt40 heads and maybe my cobra intake. i am not looking for nothing really fancy or a full on like racing thing lol just want them cleaned up...if anyone know of a place or can do it in the SAN DIEGO area i would appreciate it...
Total Performance in Santee...

PxTx

http://www.mustangandfords.com/tech...rd_mustang_cylinder_head_porting/viewall.html

Pic form the article

mufp_0605_23z+ford_mustang+cylinder_head_porting.jpg