• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

leaking aftermarket sunroof need help asap!!!

So my sunroof leaks i ordered new latch because mine is broken ordered weatherstrip kit from latemodelrestoration.com i started working on replacing the latch not right fit...i think thats odd but put it off and decide to start replacing the weatherstrip ass i rremoved the sunroof glass i noticed no water channels or nothing like the sunroof in the fox used in the latemodelrestoration website. So its a freaking aftermarket sunroof!! what can i do? How can i replace the weatherstrip??? PPlease i need help desperately on this as the rain is coming soon and has to sit out in the rain :(

Blown347

Staff member
That sucks. I've heard all the aftermarket t tops and sunroofs leak. I'm not sure on a solution maybe a junkyard sunroof and just some new weatherstrip?

Mnstr50

I have an aftermarket sunroof as well. It's not even remotely similar to the factory sunroof. The factory sunroof has the proper channels and reinforcement stamped into the panel, aftermarket kits usually consist of cutting an opening in the hardtop.

Try to look around the sunroof to find a manufacturer's branding, or name. Otherwise, go to a local auto upholstery shop and see what they have. Certain generic weather stripping can likely work, there are literally hundreds of weather strip molds available. You'll need the weather strip "profile" to shop for a replacement.